We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly

Which Waterford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Child friendly

Where in Waterford is child friendly to eat??

What else is there to do to keep a 3 and half year old entertained in Waterford?

Waterford, Ireland
reviews: 3
1. Re: Child friendly

I'm assuming you are referring to Waterford city rather than elsewhere in the county. There is the usual range of McDonalds, Burger King etc. Most cafe restaurants have high chairs so even if you don't need one, its an indicator that they are happy to have children in. It depends on what you are looking for, you wouldn't usually see small children in the restaurants for dinner, though 'early bird' sittings would be generally ok.

There are lots of cafes around, one that might suit you is above Boots in George's Court shopping centre off Baronstrand street opposite the cathedral. (If you have a buggy go round the corner towards the Square - you can get in without any steps - go up slope between a sports shop and a small sandwich bar) Its quite big and while nothing extraordinary, you will get the usual range of carvery, salads and paninis, very acceptable and there is plenty of room. I can't remember what its called, it used to be Loughmans but it has changed hands.

For entertainment you would do better in Tramore - about 7 miles from Waterford on the coast, easy enough to get there and much easier to park. There is a pool, Splashworld, and also an indoor play area Runamuck http://www.runamuck.ie/index.htm. And of course a lovely sandy beach if the weather is fine. There is also a nice little playground up at the church at the top of the town.

In Waterford there is an outdoor playground in the Peoples Park off the Dunmore Road. There may well be other places in Waterford but I haven't had to entertain a toddler for many years so I'm not too well up on them!

London
reviews: 10
2. Re: Child friendly

You will find its nothing like the UK, in my experience everywhere in Waterford is child friendly. For example, pubs will give a small bowl of veg and spuds and will only charge a couple of euros. If your child prefers they will all do nuggets and chips aswell.

So much choice of food don't bother with burger joints, but if you have to eat burgers go to supermacs.

There is a childrens adventure place called kidzone, From the town head for the hospital(Ardkeen) on the Dunmore rd, turn right at the hospital roundabout, straightacross next roundabout kidzone on right. Hours of fun there and dont forget loads of beaches to dig holes in if not to cold(woodstown is our fave)

If your going by car on the ferry, try to get there with as little fuel as possible, petrol/diesel much cheaper in Ireland.

London
reviews: 10
3. Re: Child friendly

Forgot something, best pub lunch by a mile is the bar food in the Granville Hotel....of course children welcome.

Waterford, Ireland
reviews: 3
4. Re: Child friendly

Which just goes to show that experience with kids in tow is vital! :-) I had an idea that the Kidzone place was there (near Tesco) but couldn't quite remember. Apparently Ireland is the only EU country with a positive birthrate, so I suppose it would need to be kid-friendly!

5. Re: Child friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Waterford