We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

Which Sligo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 5
Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

Hello! My boyfriend and I (mid-20s) will be in Sligo for a day and a night in less than two weeks! We like nature (I'm a sucker for picture perfect views) and a good pint--so we're having trouble deciding if we want to stay in Sligo town proper or on Rosses Point or near Drumcliff (view over the bay). We've found highly rated B&Bs in each of these places that we'd be happy to book...just can't decide which location would be best for the evening (we'll of course see both Rosses Point and Sligo during the day). If it's helpful, we'll be heading north to Donegal in the morning.

Thank you in advance!

Sligo
reviews: 48
1. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

You'll get views wherever you stay. Sligo is a beautiful place.

Did you think about Strandhill as well? It's a lovely scenic location.

You'll have plenty of choice for good pints, although they would be more choice of pubs in Sligo town.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
reviews: 175
2. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

If you are adding a pint into the equation, I'd chose to stay somewhere within walking distance of a pub. Is the b&b in Rosses Point village itself or on the road out to Rosses?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
reviews: 175
3. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

As Magnumlady says , Strandhill would tick all your boxes and is only 10 minutes outside of Sligo town.

This place is very popular and is beside a good pub!

http://www.strandhilllodgeandsuites.com/

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
4. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

Check this recent post as well:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186635-i1128-k643…

Other forms of nature!

This refers to an adjoining county, but, same flowers should be in bloom in Sligo:

roscommoncoco.ie/en/Services/Heritage/Public…

roscommoncoco.ie/en/Services/Heritage/Public…

http://www.sligobirding.com

http://www.irishtrails.ie/trails.aspx?c=Sligo

Sligo, Ireland
reviews: 114
5. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

Mid -20s and enjoy good views and a pint I would also advise staying in Strandhill village for the night , great choice of restaurants and bars.Only 5 miles from Sligo and 10 miles from Rosses Point .On your way north to Donegal and if weather is clear you should check out this walk at the foot of Benbulben mountain ,probably some of the best views you will find around Sligo .A very easy walk that will take approx 1 hr incl photos.

www.sligowalks.ie Benbulben- gortarowey

Edited: 4:27 pm, May 07, 2013
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

Thank you so much for the helpful advice. I have my fingers crossed for good weather! That walk looks amazing.

There seems to be a lot of accommodation still available for the night we need, so I decided to wait until closer--if the weather is nice, I'll book in Strandhill, but if it isn't, I'll book in Sligo Town itself!

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 150
7. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

If you want a hotel in the city, try the Glasshouse, it's a quirky hotel and you can have a room overlooking the Garavogue River, prices are pretty good too!

8. Re: Young Couple - Where to Stay for a Night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 26, 2014