We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
reviews: 38
CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Hello all my friends....yes, I'm here and I did indeed survive Omey Island...and what a wonderful treat it was!!! Actually was able to DRIVE across to the island...so didn't need those designer wellies LOL

Bean....yummmmmm, loved the banofii, but so much pie we had to share with the owners at the B&B in Spiddal the 1st night. Couldn't make it straight-on to ferry because of all that rain....what's up Gariem??? You were supposed to have some nice weather waiting for me :-0

Well, enjoyed Aran & spent the night at Clai Ban. Then up very early for the 8:30 ferry back to Rossaveal & then onto Clifden. Again, couldn't make it to Westport the same day because of all that rain....Gariem!!!

My oh My, that SKY ROAD drive is really something else. Yikes....reminded me of the Slea Head drive.

This is the 2nd night here...going to Matt Malloy's tonight for trad music. It sounded great last night & I think he was there joining in, but because it was Valentine's you just couldn't get into the room...so had a pint & left to return tonight.

Off to Kinsale tomorrow...weather allowing!! Almost forgot, along the drive from Omey we saw lots of PEAT on the roadside, but behind a fence...so of course Vicki decided to climb the fence & snatch one....I of course said "you only grabbed 1 after all that work?" I guess she can blame it on the Irish coffee we just had....lost her sensibilities!!!

Oh, I checked out Kylemore Abbey...didn't go inside....just took a picture of myself by the lake that my bedroom will be facing. And I have to tell you that we MUST have something going in that cellar with wine making & loading up on Jameson's because it's in the middle of nowhere....not a single pub nearby...so we can't have the sisters getting thirsty LOL

Well, that's it for now. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have alot of pictures for my travelog cause of the rainy conditions. Not sure when I'll get back on here, but just wanted to give you all a hello...and maybe Marie & Irishfan (I think you're in the Cork area???) can have some better weather waiting for me....Cheers....my hot whiskey is calling me at Matt Malloys!!!! ;-P

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
1. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

CruiseKing...you're amazing..a mid-trip report. Sounds like you are having a great trip. Don't know about Jameson's production at Kylemore, but as we will be producing Cel-Tex Cream Liquor, I don't know why we couldn't...

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
2. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Kerry, Glad you are well and that the Banoffi was good. Got your card - thanks :o)

Keep Safe, Keep Dry. Enjoy the medicinal whiskey in Matt Molloys.

Look forward to talking to you when you get home.

Clare
reviews: 1
3. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Hi Cruise

Delighted you're here safe and sound.

I'm glad you took time from your holiday, did some field work, and checked out Kylemore Abbey. The information gathered could be vital in the take over!!LOL

Hopefully the weather will pick up.

Bean is right about the medicinal properties of hot whiskey.

EuroMedLab conference in Glasgow

Dr Jim Swan, a consultant to the drinks industry, said: "There has been much in the news about the health benefits of antioxidants in red wine. By contrast, very little has been said about malt whisky distillery science.

"However, research has shown that there are even greater health benefits to people who drink single malt whiskies. Why? Single malt whiskies have more ellagic acid than red wine."

reviews: 7
4. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

So sorry the weather spell didn't work! Neither did the child of Prague. He's been under the bush since wednesday. You really picked a bad week Kerry! No rain for weeks and then it all comes together.

I hope it improves for you. Enjoy Matt Molloys. I love that place. And enjoy Cork. Hopefully you'll see some sun!

Clare
reviews: 1
5. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Gariem

I've missed you and your posts.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
6. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Not sure how you got me to Cork, though, I'm in the USA...maybe thinking of Bryno?

But I WILL be right behind you in visiting Ireland, I leave Sunday and will be visiting Cork among other places. :)

Humptulips...
reviews: 2
7. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Too many emotions this early/late.:-). One thing cool is that I may very well be on RTE Tuesday week. They filmed us tonight. More later. At just the right moment, look to the sky and ask, " You got a problem?" Look at it as you vs. it, you're on holiday, so get wet! Funny coincidence is after you left I saw a pic of a car going over to Omey. I wish I was there to show you stuff and see new things. Rock on Kerry!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
8. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Westwind, IrishFan, Boru,

Cruise is getting some HORRIBLE weather. We were woken this morning at 6.45 by thunder and lightening, we've had wind, torrential rain and hail today - and its still only 12.35. There can't be much difference between here and wherever Cruise is currently.

GARIEM, take that Child of Prague in, dry it out and give it a hot whiskey :o)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
9. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Wow...doesn't sound good. Please do whatever is in anyone's power to put a stop to this nonsense by Monday morning. :)

Infants of Prague on whisky, call in the nuns at Kylemore, put out a call to that miracle worker at a certain Country House in Killarney, she seems to be able to conjur all kinds of things...whatever it takes, just make sure the skys clear by Monday. Thanks in advance...

reviews: 7
10. Re: CruiseKing reporting from Westport!!!

Hi Drummagh! Still here. Just busy with the parallell universe! I go through phases of reality biting and it's easier to lurk. Nice of you to say anyway! (I have builders in ..Brazilians outside my patio door at the moment. Are they the hardest workers on the planet? It's dark and wet and they've been there all day!)