We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 20
Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

I will be down in Westport soon and am looking for somewhere cool/decent to head out of town for lunch (max half hour). Lunch, a pint, easy on the eye. Any suggestions?

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 57
1. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

The Tavern in Murrisk might fit the bill. Food is always good here.

Dublin
reviews: 34
2. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

I've heard nothing but good things about the Tavern too. Nice drive out to it and good sightseeing around aswell. Enjoy!

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 33
3. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

The Sheebeen on Clew Bay would be my choice.

http://www.croninssheebeen.com/index.html

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
reviews: 58
4. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

The food at Cafe Rua in Castlebar is fantastic. The view isn't great though! http://www.caferua.com/index.shtml

Grayslake, Illinois
reviews: 35
5. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Hi, I think this is less than a half hr drive from Westport - Nevin's pub on the N59, north of Newport.

I ate here a couple yrs ago - really liked it. The food was good, the staff & locals very friendly. Beautiful old pub on the inside. Also there's tables out front, relaxing, nice view over meadows to the sea.

http://www.nevinsinn.com/index.php?p=2

Mount Dora, Florida
reviews: 19
6. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

There is a great pub with excellent food at the base of Crough Patrick. Unfortunatly I can't remember it's name. It's not the closest pub to the parking lot at the base of the Mt, but the second closest. It is on the road from Westport to Croagh Patrick. A short drive from Westport.

Grayslake, Illinois
reviews: 35
7. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Hi Donato, That might be the Tavern. Did they serve a lot of seafood?

The pub next to the C.P. parking lot is Owen Campbell's.

Mount Dora, Florida
reviews: 19
8. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Yeah, it was The Tavern. They did have scallops, I ordered them. They weren't cheap but they were very good.

They have an extensive menu and a chalk boss with some specials.

We had a great time there after our "stroll" up and down CP.

It is an excellent pub.

Westport, Ireland
reviews: 184
9. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Great choice of options on the drive out from Westport to Croagh Patrick. Try the Creel at the Quay for tasty, home cooked lunch, the Sheebeen on the coast road a mile or so out of town or head out to Murrisk and go for a pint and good, simple honest food at Campbell's pub at the base of the mountain (nice garden out back with nice views of the mountain) to go with a great pint of Guinness. Probably the best option would be The Tavern (Ruth's Pink House as my 5 year old calls it) for either casual pub dining downstairs or more formal restaurant surroundings upstairs - super reliable quality with excellent seafood, the best chowder I've ever tasted and a warm welcome from the proprietress Ruth and her friendly team. You won't go wrong with any of these ...

Galway
reviews: 2
10. Re: Lunch options an easy drive from Westport

Try the Helm, which isn't too far from town and the food is fantastic and the service is perfect!