We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near River court hotel!

Which Kilkenny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
B&B near River court hotel!

Hi :

I would appreciate some help with finding a nice B&B close to the River Court Hotel!

Thanks a million look forward to hearing from you all.

Dee

New York

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
reviews: 45
1. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

There is a B&B very close to the River Court called Celtic House on Michael Street.

bedandbreakfastireland.net/Kilkenny_CelticHs…

There is another B&B on Michael Street, but I cannot think of the name of it. It is not listed in goireland. If there is no room in Celtic House, they will probably give you alternatives.

On the other side of the river, Fanad House, Berkely House, Carriglea and Zuni would still be within an easy walk.

NY
2. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

Thank you Irishrover.

Have you ever heard of this B&B?

www.kilkennycityonline.com/bus_detailpg.asp…

I just need something within walking distance to the hotel.

Thanks again!

Dee

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
3. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

Hi Donncha

Darcy's would certainly be close to the River Court. The reason I did not suggest anywhere on John Street is that it is very busy and noisy late at night, especially at the weekends, sometimes quite scary. John Street is perfectly fine in the day time and is the most interesting street in Kilkenny in my view, but it gets taken over by parties at night. I would be inclined to think that a lot of the clientele of Darcy's would be the party crowd.

Celtic House is only a stone's throw from John Street, but Michael Street is residential and heading out of town, so much quieter. It is family run and an established B&B in the city.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
4. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

P.S.

I have just noticed on the Darcy's web-page it says "Hens and stags welcome". That says it all! (Assuming you know what hens and stags are in NY).

But maybe that will suit you.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
5. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

On the Kilkkenycityonline site I found the other B&B I was thinking of on Michael Street - Abbeyview. St. Malla's would also be near and also Cois Abhainn on Maudlin Street. All a little bit away from the hustle and bustle.

NY
6. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

When you say Darcys do you mean O'Keefes B&B? There is a wedding at the Rivercourt but its way too expensive for the 3 nights thats why i need something very close to the rivercourt.

Thnks!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
7. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

Yes I should have said O'Keeffe's. There are another two Darcy's nearby. I think they are all under the same ownership.

8. Re: B&B near River court hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 02, 2009