We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 30th-April 8th American Irish Family Trip

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
March 30th-April 8th American Irish Family Trip

I'm the youngest of six siblings and just about have our whole clan, including Mom/Dad, newphes, and nieces on board the plane for a trip to Ireland the week before Easter. I'm currently on track to book a home for rent just on the outskirts of Killorglin and was hoping to get some details about the town.

Does anyone have any suggestions for trips in that area and/or group tours we might be able to pre arrange. There will be approximately 10-15 of us. A few of us have been fortunate enough to vist Ireland in the past but some of the family will be visiting for the first time. I'm very excited to visit this great area with all my family and want to make sure it is a great trip so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I have not booked the house yet so if anyone has a recommendation please send it to me. I always like referrals, currently we are planning to book through www.imagineireland.com. for the week of April 1st.

Lttle Red

Glens Falls, New...
reviews: 4
1. Re: March 30th-April 8th American Irish Family Trip

Hi Little Red,

I just saw this post tonight and I know it's a little late, but I recommend highly Shamrock cottages based in the UK. They have a great website with photos of all of their cottages. Six years ago, my husband and I and two of his sisters and their husbands rented a cottage in Rossbeigh, next to Glenbeigh and not too far from Killorglin. Of course, this cottage wouldn't be big enough for your clan, but Shamrock cottages has a big selection of rentals and they are very inexpensive. We are leaving Thursday (the 29th) and we will be in Ireland the same time you are! This time, we've booked a cottage for six in Clifden, Galway Co. Good luck. I hope you have a great time.

Kate

London, United...
reviews: 57
2. Re: March 30th-April 8th American Irish Family Trip

imagine ireland is just fine, helpful and lots of different locations - why go through a UK based company when you will have to pay in gbps - whic hat teh currenrt exchange rate is 2.1

3. Re: March 30th-April 8th American Irish Family Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 29, 2009