We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
reviews: 5
B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Hi All,

We had such great treatment at this B&B that I have to write a recommendation. I am surprised Falshea House doesn't yet appear in Trip Advisor (as far as I can see). It's just outside Killarney, very easy to find, a nice big house that we found by chance. We were just driving by looking for somewhere just outside town but accessible. Falshea is about 2 kms out of town. I think it has 4 guest rooms.

The landlady is Sheila and she and her son just make you feel like one of the family. Sheila is really helpful and friendly. The room was really comfortable with a great view over countryside- lush green fields with horses and cows in them. Spotlessly clean, and nice and warm, with a big bathroom en suite that had a shower, and if you wanted a bath, there was also a nice bathroom that anyone could use (we did, and had a great soak). There's a TV lounge where you can join the family and settle in for TV and a chat. Very homey.

One of the highlights of our stay was when Sheila recommended a pub with live-music in town and we ended up watching the locals set dancing (Wow, has to be seen to be believed, wonderful!)

The breakfast was also great. Thank you Sheila, for a lovely stay.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 41
1. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Sure, shoshi..., hope it didn't get too crowded in that bathroom.

You should have posted this under the review section on TA.

Israel
2. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

OOps..

I'll post my same recommendation as a review. Thanks.

Actually we didn't stay in any really bad B&B's while in Ireland, they were all pretty good, but two were really outstanding so I felt they deserved some special recognition (One was Falshea and the other one was in Wicklow - it was Wicklow Way Lodge).

Israel
3. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

I can't see how to add a review because Falshea House isn't on there (in the review section). I can't see how to add a new review of a B&B which is not yet listed. All those baths must have affected my brain. It seems TA makes the review list because all the listings have prices.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
4. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Isn't it amazing how fast the link between the different countries works...?

shoshi, all you have to do is click on Write a Review on the left (once you've clicked on Reply to This Post and enter the relevant info.

Can't wait to read your glowing review.

Israel
5. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Thanks Clauds!

However I must disappoint you because my "glowing" review will just be a copy of what is written above!

Israel
6. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

Clauds, I did write it on the 14th, but it hasn't yet been put on the website, nor have I received any authorization.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
7. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

shoshi, it takes a while for reviews to be published. Give it another few days.

Israel
8. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

I rewrote it, as all my other reviews appeared except for that one.

9. Re: B&B Recommendation: Falshea House, Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 20, 2009