We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child friendly pubs/restaurants

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 7
Child friendly pubs/restaurants

Heading to Killarney next week with two smallies. Mum and Dad would like to have recommendations for family friendly restaurants please. Also would like to know if there is any pub which may have a beer garden in which children are welcome to play for an hour while mum and dad have a bite to eat and a glass of wine or two??

Thanks a million

ma

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
1. Re: Child friendly pubs/restaurants

Macs of Main Street is a lovely restaurant that is always child AND adult friendly http://www.macsofmainstreet.com/

The Holiday Inn has a nice bar food area and children appear welcome to play games in the lobby - but I don't know if this is limited to resident children.

Muckross House Restaurant has a lovely garden area outside - I don't know if they serve wine. But the food is good.

There is a pub-restaurant in Old Killarney Village on the Aghadoe Road. There are playgrounds on-site. I haven't eaten there in a VERY LONG time so I cannot comment.

Scotts Hotel is in College Street also have a beer garden. I haven't eaten there so I can't comment. www.scottshotelkillarney.com

Hope this helps

Florida
reviews: 28
2. Re: Child friendly pubs/restaurants

I heartily second Bean A's sugestion of Mac's---saw happy family groups there myself, and happy adult only tables--all enjoying the food

Ellen

3. Re: Child friendly pubs/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 31, 2014