We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney Taxi

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Killarney Taxi

Great service, fabulous pricing- Killarney Taxi. They responded to our request promptly and were 75 Euros less then another taxi co that is also available in the Killarney area. The driver was friendly, helpful and courteous and best of all on time. The driver was waiting for us at the airport and they willingly arranged to pick us up at the early morning hour of 5am to make sure we made our flight back to the states. The taxi was well kept and clean. We would highly recommend Killarney Taxi

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 41
1. Re: Killarney Taxi

Is there something in the air or water or why is there such a spate of business-promoting posts at the moment?

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
reviews: 44
2. Re: Killarney Taxi

Perhaps it was on the agenda for the local Chamber of Commerce?

Killarney, Ireland
reviews: 18
3. Re: Killarney Taxi

Is there a problem with people promoting a good service? I think not! Both positive and negative posts are more than welcome!

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
4. Re: Killarney Taxi

Hi Ger, not in the least. And when people ask for a taxi service in or near Killarney I almost always refer them to James at Killarney Taxi. It is just that we have had quite a few new members recently repeatedly promoting a specific business and not offering much else in the way of travel advice. These included a photography service, a restaurant and a car rental agency. And the current rental bike company posts have been ill received by another new member. Activity and length of membership go a long way towards credibility and the contra-positive (less credibility with new membership) is also a common perception.

Olney, Maryland
reviews: 36
5. Re: Killarney Taxi

We're considering Killarney Taxi Tours for a three-day tour next year to the Cliffs of Moher, the Dingle Peninsula, the Ring of Kerry, and Killarney.

Has anyone actually used them (James or another driver) for touring?

Did they take you to any of those areas?

Were you happy with the tour?

Who was your driver?

Did you feel he was knowledgeable?

Thanks for your input.

Tallahassee
reviews: 4
6. Re: Killarney Taxi

We are considering using this company for some day tours. I would be interested in any recent feedback regarding their tour services.

Olney, Maryland
7. Re: Killarney Taxi

I used Killarney Taxi for a 3-day tour of southwest Ireland this past May. There are several companies with similar names. The Killarney Taxi I used is killarneytaxi.com or killarneytaxi.ie. The company is run by Jack Hayden (James, referred to earlier in the forum, passed in January 2013).

We spent three wonderful days with Jack and his knowledge of the area and its history certainly enhanced our experience.

When we first contacted him in January we had an ambitious itinerary that we had put together over the prior several months. He made several suggestions that, while keeping everything we wanted to see, made the itinerary more efficient. It also afforded us flexibility to add things, deal with varying weather and, given that we were just arriving from the U.S., account for how tired we might become on a given day.

Everything went smoothly, from the pick up at our early morning arrival in Shannon, to the impressive Cliffs of Moher, to the town of Adare with its thatched cottages, and then to a jaunting car ride in Killarney National Park which Jack arranged as we drove from Adare to Killarney.

On the second day, we toured the Dingle Pininsula (with lunch at a friend's pub) and ended the day with stops at the Torq Waterfall and Muckross House in Killarney National Park.

On the third day, after driving to Ladies View, Jack arranged a private boat trip on the beautiful lakes in Killarney National Park. From there, we drove around the Ring of Kerry, stopping at numerous attractions along the way, and finally passed through Kenmare before being dropped off at the Cork Airport that evening.

We couldn't have wished for a better three-day touring experience than we had with Jack Hayden of Killarney Taxi.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
8. Re: Killarney Taxi

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Killarney Taxi. It is the one I tend to recommend and so it is good to get some recent feedback on them.

Olney, Maryland
9. Re: Killarney Taxi

Hi tonyirish.

It was partially due to your recommendation that we had hired James at Killarney Taxi last November. When James passed in January, his daughter recommended that we contact Jack Hayden, who James had known for a long time. As I posted earlier, we were very pleased with Jack's services.

Tallahassee
reviews: 4
10. Re: Killarney Taxi

I can now say that Killarney Tour & Taxi (Jack Hayden) is a fantastic choice. We had a wonderful four day visit to SW Ireland due in large part to Jack. We hired him to drive us to and from Killarney plus take us to a number of sites around the area. We had the best time! He was a fantastic guide -- so knowledgeable about the area. The taxi (minibus) was comfortable for 5 adults plus luggage. Touring with Jack was the highlight of our trip. Can't recommend enough. I just posted a long review plus some pictures so for more information, check his site on Trip Advisor.