We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Restaurants

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Fish Restaurants

We are returning to Killarney after a few years and we remember going to a really good fish restaurant in the town. We were staying at the International and the restaurant was not far from there. Does anyone know what is was called or can recommend another fish restaurant

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
1. Re: Fish Restaurants

Hi, patsymay.

The two fish resturants that come to mind are Gaby's Seafood Restaurant and Foley's Restaurant. They are both on High Street. If you go out the front door of the International, turn right and then right again at the first corner. They are both a couple of blocks up on the right hand side. There is also The Flesk which is on the left on High Street, which I liked, but I thought Gaby's and Foley's were better.

Foley's is part of Foley's Townhouse. It has a small bar in the front and a small sitting area around a fireplace. You look over the menu and order from that area, and then they show you to your table when your meal is ready. I have had fabulous wild salmon here.

If I remember correctly, Gaby's has a little bar on the right hand side and maybe a bit better know for its seafood. They offer a huge Kerry shellfish platter that my friends adored. I had perhaps the best filet of sole I have ever had at Gaby's I think they have won loads of awards.

So, maybe one of these is the resturant you went to?

kerry
2. Re: Fish Restaurants

Gabbys would be my first choice and Foleys 2nd both located on High Street 2 minutes walk from the international hotel, Gabbys close on sundays .

3. Re: Fish Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 29, 2009