We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 10
Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

My husband and I are planning to visit Ireland the first part of September this year. I am a huge fan of The Quiet Man movie, and just the thought of setting foot on Irish soil...well..mere words can't describe the feeling! We will only have 7 days to visit. We will be arriving at the Shannon Airport and from there plan to head to Galway. My main points of interest SO FAR...are of course galway, cong, salthill, clifden and only as far north to Leenane. After viewing a couple of web sites offering The Quiet Man tours..it proved to be a bit costly, so i've done some homework and we plan to locate a few of the filming locations on our own by car. Could anyone please be so kind as to give some pointers and help with our itenerary that would include the locations I've mentioned? My husband has had to work some pretty long hour days over the summer and I've been pretty much on my own in the preparations. If we have time to fit any other cities/counties/sites into our trip...that would be great! I'm open to ANY AND ALL suggestions!!! Hotels, restaurants, etc. aren't a problem...i'll take my chances!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 10
11. Re: Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

ha!!! I thank you all so much!!! You have been MOST helpful!!! And "pssst!!" i won't tell tell a soul!!! ;)

12. Re: Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:35 am, August 23, 2006
liverpool
reviews: 4
13. Re: Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

Galway Bay hotal is Good.

Humptulips...
reviews: 2
14. Re: Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

Yeah, it is good. I've stayed there too. Unfortunately it's a bit pricey though. Cheers.

15. Re: Itenerary Help!/West of Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 13, 2009