We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 39
Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station

Sorry to bother Galway-ians again!

So, my classmate and I need to either make the 1138 Lower Newport bus stop to get to the Dublin Airport in time to make our weekend flight to Scotland or make it to Ceannt Bus Station (Galway Bus Station?) by 1130.

We are trying to get from Galway to Dublin for a 1645 flight to Scotland, so we have to be there to check in no later than 1300. We are probably going to go via Bus Eireann (because it is almost 40Euros cheaper between the two of us, and because the one for GoBus leaves at 1145 to arrive an hour later). I am having a hard time trying to figure out where we're leaving from in Galway, though.

From what I can tell, the bus station is either Ceannt, which may or may not be the railway station, or Eyre Square. http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=293 Bus Eireann shows two different times based on leaving either from Lower Newcastle or "Galway (Bus Station)"

The shuttle apparently does not leave before 1200. We get out of class at 1100, so we can't leave before then. campusaccommodation.ie/summer-visitors/… .

There are a ton of taxi services listed on the galway.net site ( www.galway.net/galwayguide/transport/cab/ ) and I just don't even know where to start with that. What are the general fares for cabs in Galway?

Thanks!

23 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 39
21. Re: Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station

@scampibear the Irish Drug Enforcement told me when I emailed a few months back. (It's illicit and need documentation to bring it in.) if you haven't heard that before then I'm not going to worry too much about it, though. The meds will be necessarily tampered with starting the day I arrive, but will otherwise be in their original packaging. Plus I will have a note from my doctor, so I'm hoping that will help. Thanks!

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 2
22. Re: Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station

For the sake of 7e I would take either GoBus or Citylink. Bus Eireann will make a few stops along the way lengthening the journey, Gobus and Citylink (Express service) go directly from Dublin - Galway with no stops in between, The buses are also newer and more comfortable.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 47
23. Re: Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station

Bus Eireann's X20 service ( one leaving at 12 noon) only makes 4 stops en route and is direct to the airport from Athlone onwards.

Reply to: Trying to get to Bus Eireann Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway