We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 6
Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

Hi everyone,

Trying to decide whether to book a room which includes breakfast or not. Most charge an extra 20-30$ per night extra when included. Wondering if there are many spots in Galway that offer breakfast and if this is worth the price being charged by the hotel or if we'd do better to find breakfast on our own. Considering either Park House Hotel or Forster Court Hotel if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 241
1. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

I'd go with booking the hotel breakfast. They are usually self service which will allow you to 'brunch' for the day. Usually there is a great choice and you can eat as much as you like.

Having said that $25 (€18) is a lot for a breakfast, so if cost is a factor, then do look for a breakfast café in the city, which will charge about €8 - €10 for a full Irish including beverages. I really liked GBC on Williamsgate Street for breakfast when I was there www.gbcgalway.com. A window table there was great for people watching and it was good value.

Boston
reviews: 6
2. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

Should have clarified that it is $30 extra for two people which looks like it will average around the same price as breakfast in the city. Thanks!

galway
reviews: 34
3. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

Would book Park house from those 2

You would get a big breakfast for $15.00 which is about 11 euro most places

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 33
4. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

You can probably get a cheaper breakfast in Galway, have a wander round the city then back to your hotel,, if staying 2 nights, if getting on the road straight after breakfast is a small saving worth your time?

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 146
5. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

I wouldnt pay for it if its €15 pp or more, you will get cheaper and just as good if not better around town, Revive on Eyre St as an example of a very good quality brekkie.

6. Re: Include breakfast with hotel when in Galway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2015