We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway from Shannon Airport

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 3
Galway from Shannon Airport

What is the best way to get to Galway from Shannon Airport? Bus? Train? Taxi? If possible, what should I expect to pay and how long should it take to get there?

17 replies to this topic
New Jersey
reviews: 3
11. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

Going to Galway City. I have decided to take the bus to Galway City from Shannon Airport upon arrival. No doubt I will be tired from the flight and time change and don't want to deal with driving immediately upon my arrival. Thanks to you for your replies. They have been helpful. I will check out Budget in Galway.

South Florida...
reviews: 84
12. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

I have seen on google that it takes approximately 1 hour to drive (in rental car) from Galway to Shannon airport, is this accurate ???

can anyone who has done this travel please let me know what you experienced as far as time, and also is it an easy drive? at night?

Thanks so much

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
13. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

You could do it in an hour..It could take you an hour to get out of Galway, all depends on the time and day. Then of course the route you take. I would not leave Galway with an Hour in mind before a Flight.. even at 5 am

South Florida...
14. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

No No tony… it was not the intention to stay in Galway and drive from Galway to airport.

We have to opportunity for a 7pm reservation at White Gables restaurant in Galway, and was wondering if driving back to spend the night in Shannon by airport for the early morning departure the next morning was advisable and doable.

Edited: 2:38 pm, January 13, 2014
Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
15. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

White Gables restaurant is Moycullen (good choice) so you might be getting on for under 2 hours steady drive just skirting the north edge of Galway and down the N/M18.

Moycullen is the first section of …activeboard.com/t50055177/n59-galway-route/ which might be of interest

South Florida...
16. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

A good meal at a very high end nice restaurant here can take a good 2 hours…. if we have reservations at 7pm, in your opinion is it worth a 2 hour drive back on our last night? we don't mind making the drive back, and my daughter has read much about this place and she had it as one of the "must do"

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
17. Re: Galway from Shannon Airport

You should be able to have your meal (not too much wine for the driver) and be ready for bed by 10.30/11pm. If it is on a must do list it's your call as to whether or not its worth it. I wouldn't call White Gables hi end, quirky perhaps, great food but I'm not a "Foodie" I just go for well cooked not too expensive (is a bit) and enough that I don't need to call in the Chipper on the way home.

If you are in the area and calling in on the way past I would say definitely. If you are going out of your way to get there in the first place,, possibly not.

Reply to: Galway from Shannon Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway