We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Galway?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
reviews: 3
Where to stay in Galway?

We have a group of 5 coming to Galway in a couple of weeks. We are all in our 40's and are wondering in what part of the city we should be looking to stay? We'd like to be as centrally located as possible and would like to be able to walk as much as possible to bars, restaurants etc. Should we be looking at staying in a hotel? a B&B? any recommendations would be appreciated!

dublin
1. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

I like this one.

www.parkhousehotel.ie/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
2. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

We stayed at the Seaview Apartments in Salthill--great views, plenty of restaurants close by, the bus to Galway city centre (a very short ride) at the door.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 138
3. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

It depends on personal taste as to whether you stay in a hotel or b&b, lots of good hotels and b&bs in Galay, lots of suggestions on here already.

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

I second Park House Hotel. We just stayed there and it is

perfect!!

San Diego
reviews: 3
5. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

Thanks everybody, I just looked and the Park House looks very nice but it's fully booked the nights we're going to be there..any other suggestions?

dublin
6. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

Try this one then.

www.imperialhotelgalway.ie/

Maryland
reviews: 2
7. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

I recently stayed a long weekend at The Harbour Hotel, a very new and trendy hotel right on the harbor quay. I loved it, comfy rooms and beds, the service was above, everyone went way out of their way ( except for Edgar on the overnite desk... ) The included breakfast was superb, and they even accommodated my Celiac diet without a flutter. Had 1 dinner there, a fish dish, very fresh and tasty. Since it does cater to a youthful crowd you may encounter a raucous " hen party" on a weekend evening but if you ask for a quiet room you should be fine. And the parking is only €5 per nite ( a big deal in downtown Galway) if you are staying there. It is only a 3 min walk to the historic area. I would definitely stay there again. I think I paid € 65 per nite including breakfast. I booked a TripAdvisor special and got € 20 off per nite except Saturday. This is a very popular hotel amongst locals, friends in Birr said they always go there for 3 day weekends. See their website.

Cheers!

Sunny

Maryland
reviews: 2
8. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

PS and also check out the TripAdvisor reviews.

Boston...
9. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

We just returned yesterday. Stayed three nights at Jameson Court Apartments in Salt Hill area. Two bedroom/two bath apt. Very nice, clean, good beds, linens and on site managers. Easy to contact and work with. Twenty minute walk to city center. Less than 10 euro for late night taxi. Good prices for quality of stay. And I am very picky with accommodations. Good luck.

http://www.jamesonselfcateringgalway.ie/

New York City, New...
reviews: 205
10. Re: Where to stay in Galway?

Here's another of many fine possibilities in Galway, and it's featured as the highest ranked in all of Galway B&Bs by the TA poll: Marliss House. Check it out under B&B accommodations for Galway here on Trip Advisor and on its own website. The proprietress is a delightful and most helpful soul as well.

Get answers to your questions about Galway