We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 32
Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

We found 2 similar tours departing from Galway Coach Station to Connamara area. One is operated by Galway Tours and says you see Ashford Castle (we are very interested in this). The other tour is about 5 Euros less per person and seems almost the say (but not anything about Ashford Castle) with Healy.

Any opinion if one tour company is better than the other? Tours are around the same length of time so would just as well book less expensive one but on Tripadvisor Galway Tours is #1 and Healy is #22. We saw that and got a little nervous. Anyone have a recommendation?

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
1. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

There is little difference between Any of the tour operators running out of Galway which sort of show the lack of value when it comes to TA ratings.. I personally would take Healy as I have had interaction with a few of their drivers but it comes down to which tour offers what you want.. they are different blends of instant coffee and give you the flavour without the taste you get exploring on your own.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 138
2. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Galway Tour Co doesnt go into Ashford, it stops for a short time in Cong which is where Ashford is situated but i dont think you can actually go there as it too far a walk to get there and back in the time allowed for the stop. Both companies are of an equal standard, theres no difference really, like Tony said its only the difference in tour schedules that counts.

Chicago, IL
3. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Thanks so much. We are looking forward to seeing the area.

Chicago, IL
4. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

We are back and we did the Connamara tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our day tour. Kylemore Abbey is beautiful as is Connemara. We stayed at the Park House in Galway and literally walked out the back doors of the hotel and crossed the street to find the bus meeting point. It was so convenient. Anyway, just doing some follow up to my questions because I always appreciate the forums held and perhaps I can help someone else along the way too.

Florida
reviews: 28
5. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Just curious-- which tour company did you pick?

Ellen

Chicago, IL
6. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

We actually booked the tour through Viator. The tour name was called the Connemara Day Trip from Galway: Kylemore Abbey and Ross Errilly Friary. It was operated locally but I don't remember the name of that company.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
7. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Was it The Connemara and Cong Day Tour operated by the Galway Tour Company?

www.galwaytourcompany.com/gtc/tourinfo.jsp…

dublin
8. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

Glad you enjoyed.

Many thanks for coming back.

Chicago, IL
9. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

@Uasal--The local operator could have been Galway Tours. We did leave the New Coach Station at 10am and we visited Kylemore Abbey first and then Ross Errilly. We bought our own lunch at Kylemore Abbey but I don't remember any mention of Ashford Castle or even seeing it in the distance through the woods. I do know that they sent someone to our hotel to meet us in the lobby, which was really nice, even though we were literally across the steet from the New Coach Station. They also picked up some of our group from all over the local area hotels via another bus, and then they joined the "main" tour bus at the coach station. We felt it was a very reasonable tour, and well worth the (approximately) $35 per person that we paid for this all day tour.

10. Re: Day trip to Connamara--Galway Tours or Healy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Galway