We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Service Laundrettes

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania, Australia
reviews: 123
Self Service Laundrettes

Hi

Just wondering if there are any self service laundrettes in Galway? We have gone to a couple of laundrettes, but they want to wash and dry our clothes, and we would prefer to do our own.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 9
11. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Thanks rojo81. Much appreciated :)

Canada
reviews: 51
12. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

It was called the Salthill Laundrette - on the ocean side of the main Street in Salthill.

Galway, Ireland
reviews: 75
13. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Archer_011

not sure if you have a car. There is a Self Service launderette in the campus accomodation beside Nui Galway (the place is called Corrib Village) in Newcastle Rd, on the way to Clifden (close to the Westwood Hotel). It s beside the shop and anybody can use it, not students only.

I washed there my duvet and heavy Jackets (€3 wash, €2 dry)

Destination Expert
for Dublin
14. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Self service launderettes are uncommon because practically everybody has a washing machine in their house and 99% of rented properties will have a washing machine

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 9
15. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Thanks everyone for your help - we will definitely need to wash by the time we get to Galway so will give your suggestions a go.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 10
16. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Thanks for the info! Will be in Galway soon and prefer to do my own laundry!! :)

reviews: 1
17. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

We will be spending 7 nights in Ireland in August staying in b&bs each night. I don't know what the etiquette is re doing hand washing. I cannot imagine the host would be taking on board their guests washing. Is it ok to wash out clothes daily in hand basin? Can you give me an idea what the rates would be to have a wash done at a laundry? I would expect this to be more than our budget allows. But certainly easier to do a bigger load towards the end of our stay before moving on to the continent.

Fanore, County Clare
18. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

Ask your host in the bed and breakfast if they will do a small load for you...most will accommodate and some may charge a small amount.

19. Re: Self Service Laundrettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Galway