We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, New York
Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

Hi,

My 2 friends and I (we're 25) will be in Galway this July. We cant decide between Quay St or Eyre Square to book a hotel for three nights (thurs-sun).

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jennifer

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

Galway is a small city. You can easily walk between Eyre Square and Quay Street in less than 10 minutes. I'd book whichever hotel meets your needs at the best price and not worry so much about location between those two.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 2
2. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

As IrishFan said - not much to choose from location wise - maybe if you let us know which hotels you are considering, we can give you advice on which hotel to pick?

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 138
3. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

The Quay St (Latin Quarter) area has most of the 'go-to' restaurants and pubs so as you guys are in the 25 age range it will probably suit you more but as Worldwiser said let us know the choices and we can guide you more.

Astoria, New York
4. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

Thanks for the fast replies!

The hotels that we are looking at are:

Forster Court

Spanish Arch

Jurys

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 138
5. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

All three are a very similar standard really. Again id say the Quay Street side just as everything you will want in bars and clubs and restaurants are there. Maybe Jurys would be a small bit quieter than the Spanish Arch too.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
reviews: 2
6. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

I would second Jurys and ask for a room at the back or side so you wont be too much affected by any noise.

7. Re: Quay Street or Eyre Square hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Galway