We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington, WV
reviews: 8
St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Does anybody know anything about the St. Martin's B&B in Galway? Location? Clean rooms? Good Food? Any feedback would be great! Thanks! Elcy

reviews: 7
1. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Hi Elcybeth

Thera are two St Martins in Galway. Maybe you could get back to us with the address of the one you have in mind. One is in Salthill and the other is in Nuns Island

I'm sure you'll get feedback then.

Take Care

Huntington, WV
2. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Oh - thank you. I didn't realize that! I was referring to the establishment on Nuns Island. :)

3. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

In that case: Nun's Island's St Martins gets great reviews. Check them on this site. I don't know about the rooms or food, not having had occasion to use B and B 's in Galway but I 'm sure you'll get that feedback.

Location is wonderful. Nuns Island is "Old Galway" at it's best. It's named after the nearby convent of the Comtemplative Order of the Poor Clares. Theres been a convent on that site since medieval times. You are right in the city but it doesn't feel like that as it's beside the river. The only problem I 'd imagine is parking a car. I did read a review where someone got clamped so if you have a car be careful where you park it.

Dominic Street is right there and has some nice restaurants like Oscars, and Monroes and Club Aras Na Gael are good for trad music.

I hope this helps!

Humptulips...
reviews: 2
4. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Ya gotta watch that Galway parking. ;-) Peace.

Huntington, WV
5. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

Hi! I read those reviews but nothing recent has been posted on the establishment. It sounds nice but I'm very concerned about just believing reviews based on the actions of other proprietors posting false reviews to attract business. I think there is someone named "Kathleen" doing this so I'm just trying to verify information. Thanks for your thoughts. We are looking for someplace nice to stay in Galway without paying a fortune. Elcy

6. Re: St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast

I understand your anxieties. Kathleen has put a lot of doubts in peoples minds over the truthfulness of reviews.

However from what I know about St.Martins they don't exactly embrace the internet. They have no website or email. They probably don't know that this site exists!

However saying that, go with your instinct!

There are plenty of B and B's to choose from.

And parking is an issue. You may have to pay and display.

Get answers to your questions about Galway