We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is day trip to Westport possible?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast PA
reviews: 5
is day trip to Westport possible?

Is it possible to travel to Westport for the day. We will be staying in Galway. Or, is that too ambitious?

Bobi

Humptulips...
reviews: 2
1. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

Absolutely bobinepa. From what I gather, bean has a good sense of humor. I hope you do too. I almost called you bobinpea. lol. Check out aaroadwatch.ie/routes You can plug in starting points and destinations. Cheers.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
2. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

No problem doing Westport from Galway. Its about 50 miles, should take about an Hour and a half, or an hour and a quarter.

If you are heading out that way, you might also consider taking a side trip to Achill Island which is about 25 miles away from Westport and certainly worth a detour.

Take Care.

Northeast PA
reviews: 5
3. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

Thank you all for the information. I am going to get my itinerary together within the next week and I'll be soliciting advice. I've really learned a lot from these boards. What did we do without the internet? I can't imagine how uch we would miss when traveling.

Bobi

Orlando, FL
reviews: 38
4. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

Thanks Boru & bean...you just gave me an indication of how long it'll take to get from Galway (after return from Aran Islands) to get to Westport. Although, as I have said before, I WILL dawdle along the way...and plan to stop in Clifden (maybe Roundstone also) so I'm sure it'll be a little longer for me :-P

Oklahoma City
reviews: 3
5. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

I wonder how long the total loop takes? (Driving fram Galway up to Westport & back thru Clifden?)

Oklahoma City
6. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

I wonder how long the total loop takes? (Driving from Galway up to Westport & back thru Clifden?)

Oklahoma City
7. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

See what happens when you try to correct spelling? ha

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
8. Re: is day trip to Westport possible?

140 Miles, 5 Hours according to the AA.

Get answers to your questions about Galway