We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mannheim, Germany
New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

Hello everyone,

my boyfriend and I (28 and 21 years old) just decided to visit Dublin for New Years Eve since our plans got cancelled, so right now we are planning to go there for 3 days - we both have never been to Ireland before, but always wanted to.

We've heard about the New Years Festival and are thinking about buying tickets for the Countdown Concert at Trinity College - can anyone share his or her experiences? Is it a nice way to start New Year?

We also thought about having a nice fancy dinner on New Year's Eve, any recommendations? Are restaurants open?

And, lastly, is there any place we need to see around this time / we need to do around New Year's? We will be there for 3 full days and want to spend the little time we have there wisely.

I really appreciate any help, thank you very much in advance.

Greetings from Germany,

Carolin

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 5
1. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

great idea

The restaurants are open - and you'll probably need to book in advance. A lot of places- restaurants / pubs and clubs - have live music or special celebrations on that night. Generally its a busy time of year in the city.

I don;t know anything about the event at Trinity though....

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
reviews: 183
2. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

I've never been to the NYE celebration, always seemed too cold! Definitely book your restaurant for that evening and also be aware the the 1st is a public holiday so transport schedules might be slightly curtailed and some/all attractions will be closed.

dublin
3. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

Stay central.

www.arlington.ie/

Mannheim, Germany
4. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

Thank you very much for your answers!

We have already booked a hotel, it's close to Trinity College so we can just walk to the city center - thought staying central would be a good thing, too :)

So now we will probably just look for a good restaurant that offers a special menu that night and might check out the "Big Brunch" at Jan 1st.

5. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, December 20, 2013
Edited: 4:05 am, December 20, 2013
6. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, December 20, 2013
dublin
7. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

I'd have thought, that's solicitation.

Up to the forum though.

8. Re: New Year's Eve (Dinner?) in Dublin + 3 Days : Recommendation

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2014