We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help in Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Hotel help in Dublin

Hi there. My husband and myself will be heading to Ireland in July, I'm confused about the hotels. So far we have booked:

The roxford lodge

Aberdeen lodge

Drury court hotel

We want to be within walking distance of the city centre,

Weare open to other suggestions. Our budget is about $125 per night

And...... One more item, cell phones? Do we purchase this in Ireland or here? Very confused.

Thanks for all ur help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Hotel help in Dublin

The first suggestion I would offer is to use local currency when you're posing on a forum outside the US. Makes it much easier for locals to provide advice.

So you're looking at about 90 euro a night.

Roxford and Aberdeen are both in Ballsbridge. Not quite city center, but a "healthy" walk or easy bus trip. So Drury Court for me would win for location, but I don't know anything about the property.

There are a lot of posts about cell phones; it really depends on what you have for your current service. Yes, you can buy a cheap phone on arrival.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 147
2. Re: Hotel help in Dublin

I would agree with IrishFan that out of the 3 hotels you have named that the Drury Court is the only one which is truly central.(Though I stayed there once and was less than happy)

It all depends on availability, I suppose but I would suggest based on your budget and, in order of recommendation, that you check these out as alternatives.

Camden Court Hotel

Harding Hotel

Jurys Inn Christchurch

dublin
3. Re: Hotel help in Dublin

You should get a rate in here.

www.kingfisherdublin.com/

4. Re: Hotel help in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 25, 2014