We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

woohoo Sandymount here we come

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 35
woohoo Sandymount here we come

hi thank you for all the info on here after a few provisional bookings I have secured a room at THE SANDYMOUNT hotel via Booking.com and a brilliant rate

so if there are any tips etc re getting there and whats in the area to eat on the first evening we arrive it will be greatly appreciated

dublin
reviews: 10
1. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

Hi, the Sandymount hotel is situated close to the dart (train) station,which brings you into the city centre in 10 minis. Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from,the open top bus is a great way to see the city and get your bearings. There are several rests near the Sandymount hotel, the chop house on shelbourne rd, Baan Thai in ballsbridge and Mario's in Sandymount. Enjoy your stay.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
2. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

Restaurant options:

menupages.ie/Dublin/south_dublin/ballsbridge

england
3. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

hiya thank you both I will def be looking into these

many thanks again

england
4. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

just thought is it best to have breakfast in the hotel or go local as the hotel charges 10euros each

many thanks

dublin
5. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

Hi, I would say to have breakfast in hotel as you would need to walk awhile to find somewhere. Have breakfast and then you are sorted for the morning.

england
6. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

thank you I prob will do as got an email today from them saying that the breakfast will be half the normal price and someone else emailled me today and said it may even be free but will see when we get there.....

now is it best to get a taxi there on arrrival?

dublin
7. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

Where are you going to in the taxi, the hotel to ??????

england
8. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

hi sorry didnt word that quite right i was thinking when we arrive at the airport will it beter to get a taxi be about 17pm or if I get the bus do they announce the stops

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
9. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

I doubt that Aircoach call by your Hotel. Take the 747 bus to Connolly Station and the DART train to Lansdowne Rd. €6 + about €2. There is about a 7min walk from the station. A taxi will run to about €30/€40 - so you need to do the math. BYW, Lansdowne Rd is the stop almost under what is now called the Aviva Stadium, home of Irish Rugby [and the other game :-)]

england
10. Re: woohoo Sandymount here we come

morning thank you I will do as you suggest and do the maths :-) I know where the hotel is situated re the Aviva stadium thats why im so EXCITED just gutted no games on when we are there but im def going to do a tour...be rude not to ;-) im also going to do a tour of Croke park as well ...i love sport you may have guessed

Ive got a rough itenary for when we are there but we are laid back so will take each day as it comes but here is what im planning

Guiness Factory - tho im teetotal but when in Dublin ,,,

Howth..

Aviva and Croke Park

Kilmainham Gael

Dublin Zoo

Christ Church Catherdral

and obviously my daughter wants to go shopping!!!