We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phone question

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Cell phone question

I am almost sure this question was already asked but I couldn't find it in old posts so here we go.

Hope you don't mind

In the USA we use AT&T will it work in Ireland I called them they said yes but they always say that.

If I get a local cell in Dublin which provider should I sign up with because actually I will need to go online often for Skype calls and work.

?

Thanks guys

reviews: 8
1. Re: Cell phone question

Buy a prepaid phone in Ireland, it's probably cheaper and easier.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 6
2. Re: Cell phone question

You can buy a phone for 20 euro in supermarket chain Tesco.

shop.tescomobile.ie/index.aspx?type=prepay

Check out their rates to see if the calls work out cheaper or not.

reviews: 18
3. Re: Cell phone question

Three mobile or 3 mobile network will give you unlimited internet access for one month from a €20 top up.. Is your phone locked to at&t network? If you can get it unlocked it will accept a 3 mobile sim card, which Three mobile will give you for free.. Handier and easier than buying a new phone.

Boston
4. Re: Cell phone question

3 looks best but does it has full coverage as Vodafone seems to have better coverage but then 02 seems to have faster data?

Been doing my research

Thanks for the tips guys

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
5. Re: Cell phone question

3 run the National Broadband scheme so have far more coverage than other networks (Tesco use the "3" Hutchinson network in Ireland) we use the Broadband here on the slieve because it works unlike Vodafone which we cant get signal from and having used O2 for three years on contract (Faster data? BS up here anyway more like crash a minute) prior to changing too 3, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Meteor would be my 3rd choice for coverage.

reviews: 18
6. Re: Cell phone question

I'm with three for a few years and have no problems with coverage, bb conection or speed..

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 38
7. Re: Cell phone question

My girlfriend is on 3 with an iphone and it doesn't seem to be the most reliable in terms of internet to be honest. It is very cheap though. Vodafone is a rip off.

Boston
8. Re: Cell phone question

Again thanks

9. Re: Cell phone question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 16, 2013