We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 7
Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Is it difficult to get a taxi after a match at Aviva Stadium?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
1. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Some streets around the stadium are closed before and after events. You could get a taxi if you walk to Northumberland road or Baggot street a short walk away. There will probably be a lot of people looking for taxis but there are usually a lot of cabs around

Where are you going to? The train goes straight into the city from the stadium and there are bus services in the area also

Edited: 6:34 pm, August 13, 2012
Denver, Colorado
2. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I'm staying out in Blanchardstown, but I will have a rental car if you can suggest a train station I could park the car there, and take the train into the stadium. I heard that it is hard to find a parking space around the stadium if you drive in that is why I'm looking at options.

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Thanks for the information it is appreciated. Maybe I'll see if I can catch the train into the stadium. In your opinion would that be a better option?

Destination Expert
for Dublin
4. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

I would not advise driving to the stadium. There is little parking, closed off streets and is in the middle of a residential area. This is often the case in Europe unlike in the US where many stadiums are out of town with huge car parks.

If taking the train you could use the park and ride at the Navan Road Parkway station. It is at the intersection of the N3 and M50. If you drive on the N3 from blanchardstown towards the city it will be on your left just after you cross over the M50 motorway.

Take the train from here to Connolly Station and then change for a train headed to either Bray or Greystones and the Aviva Stadium is at the Lansdowne Road station. You can get a return ticket at Navan Road Parkway all the way through to Lansdowne road.

Use the journey planner on www.irishrail.ie to get the times before you travel

Destination Expert
for Dublin
5. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Sorry you should change at Pearse Station instead of Connolly Station as then you definitely won't need to change platforms. You just get off one train and wait for the other one to come along

Denver, Colorado
6. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

Thanks for the link to irishrail, and the conection information on the along the route. This is a great option, and the price is much better than a taxi. I'll be taking the train that day.

Regards

Destination Expert
for Dublin
7. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

You're welcome. I assume you are here for the American Football match. Have a good time and come back and tell us about your trip

Destination Expert
for Dublin
8. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

how was your trip to Dublin, any difficulties getting to the game? I hope the result went your way

9. Re: Taxi From Aviva Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 16, 2013