We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve in dublin...

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
new years eve in dublin...

My friend and I are ditching london this new years and opting for Dublin. I've heard it's pretty expensive and was just wondering if anyone can suggest any reasonable bars or pubs that aren't going to totally rip us off. We are both students and are trying to do the weekend on a budget. We're not really club people, prefer pubs and bars so any suggestions would be most welcome, thanx :) !!

Dublin
reviews: 2
1. Re: new years eve in dublin...

There are a variety of bars on South William Street - Viva and Dakota to name but a few. The Hairy Lemon is only just up the road and normally draws a crowd day and night. Along Dame street you have The Bank, The Trinity, Thomas Reed.

Off Grafton Street there is The Bailey, Davy Byrnes, Keoghs (more traditional talking kind of bar),

Dawson Street - Cafe En Seine, Samsara & Ron Blacks. All large bars with late licenses. Cafe En Seine would be the largest. Would attract the more "well-to-do" crowd otherwise known as D4ers.

Knowing Dublin Pub Owners, they will probably put their prices up for the occassion especially those ones which do not charge an entrance fee. They have a tendancy do this around the time of rugby / football matches, so no doubt new years would be similar.

I have probably confused you more now then you were when asking your question. Pubs in Central Dublin, are, by location, going to be more expensive.

You could try heading out to Rathmines - a studenty / young person's area about 1.5 miles from Dame Street and there you will find Rahtmines Inn, Rody Bolands, Slatterys, Ma Reilly's and the local dish-co Tramco's. And not as many tourists there either.

You should have a good time wherever you end up. All the best with it.

Treacle