We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guinness Storehouse

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rome
reviews: 2
Guinness Storehouse

Hi all,

I need some information about visiting guinness storehouse. Which is the best time for this visit? Morning or afternoon? I guess my son insisted so much in visiting Dublin only for the Guinness and pubs. He says visitors can drink all the beer they want when there..... mmm mmm is it true?

We exported pizza but imported pub's! They are so popular here in Rome. Also if I think they will be different in the place they were first born.

By the way the other boy travelling with us is 16. I don't think he will be allowed to drink any beer, will he? He couldn't here too even if he's with an adult, but they close an eye on a small glass.

Thank you all

Cape Town
reviews: 53
1. Re: Guinness Storehouse

You cant drink as much beer as you want at the Store house at all. In fact, quite the opposite. Its quie expensive (€14) and you get 1 beer at the top bar. Im not sure if you can buy more drinks after that?

rome
2. Re: Guinness Storehouse

LOL, Hutter and ty. As many ideas my 18 years old son has this one too wasn't as he thought. But well that's the nice thing about being young I guess.

Anyway they'll want to see it all the same so I hope the visit is worth the price. Do you have an idea if it is the case to buy a Dublin pass on arrival? It costs 59 € per 3 days. In entitles you to an aircoach ticket and 1 attraction a day. I had a look to www.dublinpass.com and I can't decide.

Thank you

Cape Town
reviews: 53
3. Re: Guinness Storehouse

I cant tell you if its worth it - I guess it depends on how much you are going to do. If you do EVERYTHING on their list you might make your money back. An aircoach ticket (return to and from airport) costs €12. On the dublin pass I think you only get one-way, so be aware of that. Maybe you should make a list of the things you really want to do and then work out the costs, and see if its cheaper or more expensive than the pass? I wouldnt worry about standing in queues too much - its not like the Vatican! I stood in a queue for the Guninees Storehouse, but that was on the easter weekend - which Im sure is busier than normal.

Dublin Ireland
reviews: 1
4. Re: Guinness Storehouse

Hi

I think you CAN buy additional drinks at the Guinness Storehouse Gravity Bar after you have used up your token for a 'free drink'. It can be very busy - I've been there a few times when we had to stand.

You also asked about time of day - the best time to me would be when its clear and not raining. So if you can leave when you visit flexible. The view is great and obviously at its best when the weather is good. I prefer the late afternoon - so that you can get the view in daylight and then into the evening when the city below starts to light up. Also it seems more appropriate to be drinking in the afternoon than in the morning (but that could just be me!).

A

Stockport, United...
reviews: 45
5. Re: Guinness Storehouse

Take a look at www.guinness-storehouse.com

not sure when you will be visiting but you can book tickets online , where you get a discount and avoid the queues.

When i went ONE pint of the black stuff was all that was on offer, but the view from the bar on the top floor is well worth it

Enjoy the Guinness!

rome
6. Re: Guinness Storehouse

Thank you all,

I think we'll go on suturday late afternoon (our arrival day). So we can have the sight both in daylight and evening. Hope it doesn't rain otherwise we'll go the day after.

Yes 1 pint is enough, they can't even finish a 3/4 litre bottle over here and furthermore it's not a good idea to go with mamma ...what do u think lol?

I followed the advice and found out that Dublinpass is not convenient for our needs. And u are right no place can beat Vatican Museums queues. I was there with a group after years and tho we escaped the queue, inside we had to run in a crowd to see anything. So twice in a lifetime even living here is enough.

Good bye and grazie again