We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gay-friendly Dublin??

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
noarch
gay-friendly Dublin??

Making my first trip to Dublin for a weekend en route to Paris. Single gay man here. Is Dublin gay-friendly? Anyone have advice on particular cafes or pubs where I might spend a Saturday night? Trying to avoid the big nightclubs and just have a quiet, relaxing weekend. Any advice would be much appreciated!!

letterkenny, co...
reviews: 5
1. Re: gay-friendly Dublin??

just google: gay ireland or something. have to say you would meet lots of gay people here in donegal. but that's another storey :-)

catherine

www.welovedonegal.com

Brussels
2. Re: gay-friendly Dublin??

The Front Lounge on Parliament Street, I would recommed.

Dublin
3. Re: gay-friendly Dublin??

Go to the George on Georges st in the city centre. Its a niteclub but you can sit downstairs if you want a less hectic nite. It's brilliant fun. There is also some bars on the quays, cant think of all the names of them but one of them is called gooboo. I reckon once you go to the george ask some people there for recommendations. As regards if Dublin is gay friendly or not Im not really sure. I suppose it depend on who you ask what the answer will be. Hopefuly you wont run into anyone who isnt gay friendly. Have fun on your hols

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 135
4. Re: gay-friendly Dublin??

Hi noarch

I'd rate Dublin about average in "gay friendliness" - not as good as Amsterdam but better than many larger cities like Rome. There are several sites with gay listings and reviews for Dublin: www.queerid.com is my current favourite. Also pick up the free mags "free!", "Scene City" and "GCN" in any gay venue once you arrive. Yello or Gubu (both on Capel St) might be the best options if you want to avoid big clubs. Remember that all pubs in Dublin are pretty jammed on a Saturday so if you want a cosy drink by the fireside then you're coming to the wrong town !

Enjoy your trip!