We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best bars??????

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hemel
best bars??????

im off to dublin in november, i have been before and quite liked zanibar, but does anyone know some other bars which are good, preferably which play some r&b, and arent too stuck up!!!!!

Gorey, Ireland
reviews: 26
1. Re: best bars??????

I prefer traditional "old man" pubs like Mulligans on poolbeg st, kehoes on south anne st and Neary's on chatham st.

If you are looking for pubs like zanzibar you would like Cafe en Seine on Dawson St and maybe Q bar at O'Connell Bridge. (I don't like either)

Ron Blacks on Dawson St would also be similar, and Dakota on South William St.

Sinead

hemel
2. Re: best bars??????

thanks very much!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: best bars??????

yes, if you head to Dawson st you will have three- Ron Blacks, Cafe en Seine and Samsara that will be heaving at the weekend. These are not ness. the 'best bars' in Dublin- but having them side-by-side on a night out helps.

hemel
4. Re: best bars??????

excellent!! how do i get to dawsons street - is it near anything that you think i might know- e.g, st.stephens green???

Dublin
5. Re: best bars??????

Them bars on Dawson street are probably some of the most expensive bars in Dublin, they also tend to be very posh and full of a lot of posing people. The Q bar is a decent enough bar

Seaford, DE
reviews: 1
6. Re: best bars??????

Before you do anything else, get a good map of Dublin. This will help you immensely in planning any type of "walk" on your own. Before I get books on the area, I buy a Michelin or similar map. Rick Steves and Michelin's Green Book also have good maps on Dublin.

Seaford, DE
reviews: 1
7. Re: best bars??????

Before you leave, or when you arrive. Get a good map. Or buy Rick Steves Book on Ireland or Michelin's Green Book on Ireland. They have good maps also. A map should always be the first purchase you make when planning a trip anywhere. Then, you don't have to ask directions . . . you can find it on your own.

Dublin, Ire
8. Re: best bars??????

O'Donoghue's on Merrion Row; Mulligans in Poolbeg Street; Scanlan's in Townsend Street. Now that's GUINNESS!