We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Marquee - 2013

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 177
Live at the Marquee - 2013

As tickets go on sale today for 'Sting' and 'The Wanted' + other acts at the Marquee next June/July, below are a few FAQ's answered for interested concert goers.

What is the Marquee?

Essentially it is an oversized circus tent installed annually for the 'Live at the Marquee' sessions

Where is the Marquee?

About 1 mile from Cork city centre on the junction of Monaghan Road and Centre park Road.

How do I get to the Marquee?

It's best if you can walk to the event. Failing that you can bring a car, there is a pay car park on site and some 'on street' parking is allowed. There is no public transportation to the Marquee. Taxis are plentiful in Cork. Taxi from City centre to Marquee - less than 10 mins drive.

Nearest hotels to the Marquee?

The Clarion, Jurys Inn and the Imperial are about the three nearest hotels to the Marquee. Each is about a 1 mile walk.

Is the Marquee Wheelchair accessible?

Yes.

Is the marquee a seated event?

The tickets are a mixture of seated and standing.

Here is a good link for the 2013 line-up

musicscene.ie/2012/…

Edited: 3:35 am, January 31, 2013
23 replies to this topic
Timbuktu, Mali
1. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

I will be vacationing in Dublin June 28-July 7. have tickets for the Maroon 5 concert there on June 29th. I'm also thinking about seeing Sting on the 1st of July in Cork. I have seen him live twice, both amazing.

My hotel in Dublin (Stillorgan) is all paid for, so I am not keen to spend a whole pile of euro for over night gigs.

What do you think about taking the train to Cork and back after the concert (doors open at 8pm I believe - probably gets done @ 11pm).

Is a concert coach another option?. Like these folks http://www.concert-travel.com/default.aspx

25 euro return from Dublin to Cork?

Cheers

Timbuktu, Mali
2. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

Just to be more helpful, I believe that link in my post above is for kellytravel.ie. Here is probably a better, more direct link:

kellytravel.ie/buses-ireland-coach-concert-t…

They seem to specialize in concert coach travel.

Their pick up locations in Dublin are as follows:

Pallasgreen (KT Depot)

Great gaz (Ballysimon Rd)

Limmerick (East City Plaza)

Charlieville (Charlieville Park Hotel)

Would any of these be convenient to the Stillorgan?

I read from Kelly's site that they leave fairly immediately after the concert (no problem here) and head back to Dublin.

Anybody use this kind of concert bus service?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
3. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

I don't know that particular company but those companies in general are usually fine. The essentially provide a large 'taxi' service to and from the venue. Would be very strict about departure times, if you're not on the bus, they will go without you.

It is an option for you, but none of those pick up locations are valid for you as they are all in Limerick, not Dublin. Limerick is no where near Stillorgan

You will not be able to get a train from Cork to Dublin after 10pm, so that is not an option.

I'll check and see if any companies in Dublin are offering a concert dropoff/pickup service

Edited: 2:22 am, May 04, 2013
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
4. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

I can't find any bus company currently advertising concert trips from Dublin to the The Marquee, however that does not mean it will not happen.

Check out www.boards.ie The definitive 'ask-any-question' forum for Ireland. It also has a good search engine in it's own right so if there is a discussion there regarding concert transport then you will find it. I would say start searcing with the string 'marquee 2013' or 'Sting Marquee' etc.

Timbuktu, Mali
5. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

Bryno,

Thanks for researching the "Dublin to Cork Concert Bus" connection. I have also been looking.

No luck so far. But it seems like the way to go if you are travelling from Dublin.

I have also inquired into hiring a mini bus (10 persons) and driver. Harder to arrange (again, I dont live in Dublin) , but perhaps a creative solution

-PJ

Timbuktu, Mali
6. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

What do you think about this new plan:

Monday, July 1st:

**Walk/Bus? from Stillorgan to arrive at the Dublin City Centre at 8:30am.

**Take the 9am Aircoach to arrive in Cork at 12noon

(see: http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.cork.php)

**Lunch & potter around Cork from 12n to 7pm

**7pm take a taxi to the Marquee

**The Sting concert is billed to start at 8pm

**Take either the 11pm or the 1am Aircoach (from Patrick's Quay) back to Dublin (arrives at 2am or 4am)

**Take a taxi from the Dublin City Centre to the Stillorgan

**Sleep in..

---------

What do you think about this plan?

----------

Additional questions:

--How long is it going to take us to get from the Concert to Patrick's Quay? (on foot? Taxi?)

--Wondering about safety getting to and waiting at Patrick's Quay (or the Dublin City Centre) bus terminal?

--Where should we eat Lunch in Cork? (nice pub, healthy pub fare, not too posh, down to earth, beer garden?)

Thanks!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
7. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

What you have mentioned re Aircoach is doable !!!!! Go for it. I hope Sting appreciates you !!!

Other responses below prefixed by @@@@

--How long is it going to take us to get from the Concert to Patrick's Quay? (on foot? Taxi?)

@@@@ Best to go on foot. It will take you 30 minutes walking. By the time you flag down and taxi and get to Aircoach it will be 20 mins anyway.

--Wondering about safety getting to and waiting at Patrick's Quay (or the Dublin City Centre) bus terminal?

@@@@ No problem with safety at Patricks Quay. Don't worry about that. Not sure about the Dublin side of things, but I would say much the same to be honest.

--Where should we eat Lunch in Cork? (nice pub, healthy pub fare, not too posh, down to earth, beer garden?)

@@@@ The Sextant pub- on the way to venue, is very good, but don't worry there are plenty more. www.thesextant.ie

If you do decide to go ahead with this, let me know and I can help you out further nearer the date.

Edited: 12:48 pm, May 07, 2013
Timbuktu, Mali
8. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

Got my Airbus tickets

One last question

We have standing tickets for Maroon 5 (2 days before Sting) at the O2, but....

What do you suggest for Sting at the Marquee

Tierd seats or standing? (30-something couple, will be able to get there early for the concert).

Edited: 11:39 pm, May 08, 2013
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
9. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

That is your decision. What did you do at his last concert? The Marquee is not a 'luxury' venue - it's essentially a large circus tent with all that goes with it.

If you take the tiered seating you will not be allowed down onto the floor and vice versa.

If you want to 'bob' then I guess,go for standing !!!

Timbuktu, Mali
10. Re: Live at the Marquee - 2013

Thanks for the advice. Got our tickets, will be 'bobbing'. ;-)

Excited to see Sting. But sad that Maroon 5 postponed until Jan. No longer able to see that one in Dublin.

Plus, what are they tinking about holding a concert in freezing January?

Reply to: Live at the Marquee - 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork