We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseriding near Cork

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Horseriding near Cork

We're a party of four (two children aged 7 & 9) visiting Cork for the first time this weekend for a birthday celebration. Does anyone have any good advice about attractions for the family but particularly horseriding. I'm looking for a family/novice trek but also for a more advanced trek or trail for myself.

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Horseriding near Cork

Hop Island near Rochestown is popular for horseriding if you're staying in the city (it's close to the suburbs)or goireland.ie would be good for suggestions in the countryside.

I know that it is possible to go horseriding on Derrynane Beach in Co. Kerry, but obviously not a viable option if you're only visiting for the weekend - maybe worth considering for a future trip though!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
2. Re: Horseriding near Cork

You could also try looking on www.aire.ie, or www.ehi.ie, or equestrian.travel.ie. All of these sites have horseback riding facilities listed. If you don't mind a drive, the Clonshire Equestrian Centre in Adare might be a good place. www.clonshire.com

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 232
3. Re: Horseriding near Cork

Yes, Hop Island, they must have a website.

It's only 30 min drive from city centre, on the Rochestown Road.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
4. Re: Horseriding near Cork

They do have a website--www.hopisland.com

Get answers to your questions about Cork