We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Which Blarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Help with B&B locations in Blarney

My 10 y/o daughter and I will be traveling by train from Killarney to Dublin with a 1 night stopover in Blarney to visit Blarney Castle, per her specific request! We'll take the train from Killarney to Cork, and then the bus to Blarney, but once there, can anyone recommend a good B&B, nearest walking distance to Blarney Castle grounds? Thanks in advance!

Earth
1. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

I highly recommend Blarney Vale House http://www.blarneyvale.com/

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 232
2. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Also try the Blarney woolen mills hotel which is on the site of the Blarney Woolen mills. The mills is no longer a mills (!!) its a well known gift shop selling all types of good quality souvenirs and gifts (your daughter will want to vist there for souvenirs of her trip).

This is only 5 mins walk to the gate of Blarney Castle.

Nice idea too, to break your trip and visit Blarney, your 10 y/o daughter is a very sensible lady ;-))

www.blarneywoollenmillshotel.com

Edited: 1:12 pm, January 15, 2011
uk
reviews: 1
3. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Try the blarney castle pub for real quality and atmosphere

4. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Thanks, everyone! Advice very much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Killarney House B&B in Blarney is about a 5min walk from the castle and very comfortable! The owners also have two young daughters that yours may get along with.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 7
6. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Killarney House B&B in Blarney is about a 5min walk from the castle and very comfortable! The owners also have two young daughters that yours may get along with.

7. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Thanks, everyone, our trip has come & gone, and we both very much enjoyed our time in Blarney.

Worcester...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

Where did you end up staying in Blarney? My teenage daughter and I will be there in less than 2 weeks and I'm looking for a nice, reasonable B&B in Blarney.

Thanks, Maura

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 19
9. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

well id recommend the muskerry arms ( www.muskerryarms.com ),good rates there at the moment, its right beside the bus stop where u will be hopping on and off ,plus its like a 2 min walk from the castle and 1 min walk from blarney woollen mills,others maybe the blarney castle hotel and Blarney Woollen Mills Hotel ,,feel free to ask me anything bout others things to do are other info wou might be needing,enjoy ye're trip

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 31
10. Re: Help with B&B locations in Blarney

the bed and Breakfast to stay in the village would be the White house the bus actually passes its door to cork. One of the bus stops is less than a minute from its gate. Also into the village centre the Castle hotel is lovely and the food and Bar is great and some nights there is great music there.