We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Didn't get VAT refund

Which Ireland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, Ohio
reviews: 27
Didn't get VAT refund

It's been 6 1/2 weeks and I haven't received my vat refund yet. They said it should take 4-6 weeks and I am starting to wonder if they will even send me the money. How long did it take for most of you to get your refund and is there a number I can call to get a status? Thanks.

Indianapolis
reviews: 34
1. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

We submitted our receipts on 9 July before leaving Ireland and our VAT refund was credited to us on 29 August. I don't have a number to contact.

Good luck.

Cork, Ireland
2. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

There is two different agencies here in ireland for vat refunds. Tax free and The Horizon card company. You could contact them through the airport you left from. As if there was any error on your forms the refund would take longer to sort out.

Medina, Ohio
3. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

So about 7 weeks then. I will wait another week and then maybe call their airport office. We recieved our fexco vat refund in like two weeks but that was only around 20 dollars. I wondering since this refund is about 200 dollars that they just dont want to refund the money?

Medina, Ohio
4. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

So still no refund as of yet. Does this mean they are just not willing to refund the money? Everything was filled out correctly because the lady at the desk did all the paperwork.

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 26
5. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

July and August are very busy times for the poor overworked souls who have to give back the tax €uro's to our non EU visitors,

I have just paid my €200 for 6 months car tax, I am sure when it gets into the system our poor skint government will send it out to some non EU visitor as a VAT refund !!

Medina, Ohio
6. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

Well i think your car tax will be safe, lol. Im pretty sure your government is not giving away money anymore to tourists, they don't have our refund vouchers anymore.

7. Re: Didn't get VAT refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 10, 2013