We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Fort William

Which Fort William hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Nightlife in Fort William

I'm going to Fort William very soon. I like a pub with quite up to date music, but also like a good drink and a good laugh? Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 63
1. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

No, sorry.

More options if you don't want the quite up to date music though.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
2. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

Don't know much about the music scene in Fort William, but I did read a fantastic review of the food at a Hotel and Restaurant called the Lime Tree in yesterdays Scotland section of the Sunday Times.

www.limetreefortwilliam.co.uk/dining.htm

Wish I could find a link to the article - makes me want to make the long journey north!

paisley
reviews: 19
3. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

theres a big pub just as you come into from fort william from corran ferry on the the high street across and up from the police station.was in it last year and it plays music sky sports and its got a pool table.think it might be called the cappercaillie.not 100% sure

Fife
4. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

The Ben Nevis Inn is really good, has good music(not always up to date but live), and a great atmosphere but its a wee bit out of town, its out at Achintee at the foot of Ben Nevis.

Inbhir Nis
reviews: 9
5. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

The wee bar underneath Nevisport is Ok, the bands are frequently cheesy metal covers bands though!

In the town the best bar is probably the Grog and Gruel, An Croitear (The Crofter) comes a (distant) second. You should get a decent laugh in both these bars although the locals can be a wee bit lairy. I'm allowed to say that because my family are from there!

I'd second the Ben Nevis Inn in Achintee, it's a great pub with a great atmosphere. If you can't get any accomodation near by you could always camp at the Glen Nevis campsite.

6. Re: Nightlife in Fort William

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 29, 2009