We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bearsden Restaurant?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 79
Bearsden Restaurant?

Hi,

My husband and I are bringing our new baby over to Scotland to be christened in the church where his parents got married. He still has family there, and we would like to invite them, and then have a nice lunch someplace afterwards. Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in the Bearsden or northwest area of Glasgow that would be open on a Sunday afternoon, and could take a reservation for about 11 people (probably fewer)? We're looking for something comfortable and with good food. Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

kari

Glasgow
reviews: 39
1. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

I don't know whether it will be open on a Sunday afternoon but I would try Massimos. It's a recently opened Italian restaurant in the centre of Bearsden and it's quite large so it would take a party of 11. It does get busy though. The phone number is 0141 942 3222.

Scotland
reviews: 23
2. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

Hi Kari. Good food on a Sunday afternoon for 11 in Bearsden? The Burnbrae is worth a visit.

goodpubrestaurants.co.uk/show_restaurant.tpl…

Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 79
3. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

Thank you both so much. I'll look into both of your recommendations. We did a bit of online research yesterday and found the Ubiquitious Chip, which sounds very nice, and not too far away. Any thoughts on it as a spot for this kind of lunch?

thanks again,

Kari

Glasgow
reviews: 39
4. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

Yes the Ubiquitious Chip is very nice. I've never had a bad meal there. It is expensive but great for a special occasion. It's in the West End of Glasgow and there is a large car park close by.

Scotland
reviews: 23
5. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

I'm a Ubiquitous Chip fan, too. More expensive than the Burnbrae, certainly, but the welcoming courtyard setting and quality of the food mean you don't begrudge that. An ideal choice for Sunday lunch.

http://www.ubiquitouschip.co.uk/index.htm

6. Re: Bearsden Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 15, 2009