We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

Hi there,

I will be flying from Glasgow to Heathrow and onward to Singapore this coming Thursday.

I am departing Glasgow on BA at 12:35pm and arriving at Heathrow T5 at 2:00pm. My continuing flight to Singapore on SQ at 8:35pm will depart from T3.

The flights are under one same booking code but BA and SQ has issued seperate E-tickets.

Will I be able to check in all the way through to Singapore from Glasgow? And how do I transfer from T5 to T3? Will I have to leave the security area?

Thanks much in advance for your help!

London
reviews: 35
1. Re: Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

Well, you have 6h35, so plenty of contingency.

If your luggage is checked through at Glasgow, then on arrival at Heathrow you simply follow the signs for 'Flight Connections'. You will be transferred between the Terminals by (free) shuttle bus. At Terminal 3 there will be a quick hand luggage check and security screening, then you are free to wander round airside until the gate for your light is posted. If you need to see a SQ rep (e.g. you haven't been able to check in for the Singapore flight) you can do that after the security check. Here's the process.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

If your luggage is not checked though, you will need to retrieve it. You then make your way to the Heathrow Express train and catch that one stop to Terminals 1,2,3 - the journey is free for travel between the Terminals. There is a walkway to Terminal 3. Then you check-in/bag drop with SQ and go through security in the normal way.

Edited: 5:43 am, October 05, 2013
Scotland
reviews: 140
2. Re: Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

Wire wiper is spot on ;

We did a BA connection through London and surmised that because we had already been "screened" in America, the process would be flawless. Unfortunately, because we were on a stand at terminal 3 on return, they routed us into general traffic at terminal 5. So, we had to go back through security, nightmare. The two tickets might mean a similar protracted event I'm afraid. Sorry.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
3. Re: Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

Thanks for all the replies! Appreciate it!

4. Re: Glasgow - Heathrow - Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 09, 2014