We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic time !!

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
reviews: 30
Fantastic time !!

Hi all, just wanted to saythankyou to everyone that helped on this forum.

Well, what a brilliant time we had !!

fantastic city, would have liked lots more time to explor but sadly we were only there for one night,will stay longer next time !

us girls went shopping ( pure heaven for us !!!) told the boys to check out good pubs for later on, ended up in walkabout for a cheap bottle of plonk !!)

best western hotel was a good base.

First evening port of call was king tuts wa wa bar, lovely little place, unbelievable all the massive acts have played there, fantastic !!

then to merchant square, o'neils, then a bar called home, another one forget the name, then corinthian, brilliant club !! overall, we felt very welcome everywhere, spoke to loads of locals, so warm and friendly, brilliant crack !! canna wait to return !!

4 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
1. Re: Fantastic time !!

Glad you enjoyed our City, yep King Tuts is where Oasis were discovered and signed to Creation Records.

So where did you end up for Dinner, remember you were leaning towards Italian?

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
2. Re: Fantastic time !!

Hi madscotsman, oh dear, I am really ashamed to say the afternoon was a tad boozy, so ended up in wetherspoons for crappy food!!!

I vowed I wasn't going to do that, but the other 5 in our party wanted to.

We did say that next time we would do it properly and have a really nice meal with the recomendations, thanks again and as I say, the people of glasgow have to be the warmest, friendliest folk I have ever met!!!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 235
3. Re: Fantastic time !!

Yes you're coming back! It sounds like a swell time was had by all. On the plus side, at least Wetherspoons has decent beer. Thanks for the feedback Juby :)

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
4. Re: Fantastic time !!

Hi purpleceltic, I thought it only polite to come back and tell y'all of our fantastic time in glasgow after all your help.

Sadly over on the kendal forum, I never get to know how folk have got on after me recommending stuff, but never mind, oh yes we are already planning our next visit!!!!

Reply to: Fantastic time !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted