We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget b and b stay in central

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
reviews: 153
budget b and b stay in central

I will be coming to Glasgow Mid August next year for maybe 6 days. I am on my own and will have no car. Looking at a b and b which is central but understand other areas have underground and/or public transit. Coming in by air. Will do the hop on bus and use Glasgow as a base to visit Edinburgh for a day trip.

16 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 12
1. Re: budget b and b stay in central

For b&b then the West End is your best bet, as you say Subway into city centre is cheap and convenient.

Comox, Canada
2. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Thanks I did notice MClays in the centre which seems reasonable

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 12
3. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Yep, on Renfrew St which is 1 Street up from Sauchiehall St (150yds) Charing Cross end.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 211
4. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Before you book anywhere be sure to read the reviews on Tripadvisor and also perhaps on www.laterooms.com which has reviews of people who have actually booked via their website. The West End has some great B&Bs.

Edited: 6:06 pm, September 24, 2013
Comox, Canada
5. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Thanks I always check tripadvisor.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 211
6. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Great stuff. What's your budget? Thats info that would help a lot when it comes to recommendations. While there are very few b&bs in the centre of the city there are some hotels that might possibly fit the bill cost wise.

Comox, Canada
7. Re: budget b and b stay in central

It always looks good in sterling but of course once I convert to CDN it seems a lot. Not a hostel person.

Alos finding some already booked for next August must be due to commute to Edinburgh festivals.

May have narrowed it down to Amadeus or Mclays. Although tripadviso rcomments a bit of a concern on Mclays. Budget no higher than say 45 pounds a night.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 66
8. Re: budget b and b stay in central

if you book that far in advance you should get a room with a Premier Inn for that kind of money or the Ibis at Springfield Quay which is handy for the city from £31 per night

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: budget b and b stay in central

I would agree with the Premier Inn suggestion, I have stayed in the one at Charing Cross (just behind the train station) and George Square (right in the city centre) and got room rate of £29 per night with £7.95 buffet breakfast added on.

http://www.premierinn.com

Remember The Commonwealth Games is in Glasgow next year so hotels will be busier than usual during and after the games so best to book up as soon as you an to take advantage of good prices.

Comox, Canada
10. Re: budget b and b stay in central

Thanks folks. I ended up booking Amadeus in the West End. Yes Commonwealth games and also guess some folks commute to Edinburgh for the festivals . I noticed some are already booked. I sometimes struggle between cost and comfort. Had a recent experience in Berlin that taught me that maybe what I save is not worth the comfort cost. I figured I could take the underground into the centre.

Reply to: budget b and b stay in central
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted