We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice restraunts please!

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
nice restraunts please!

hi all, 3 couples coming this saturday for the day and evening, staying at best western city hotel, please could anyone suggest a nice place for evening meal? Not too expensive and not indian or chinese food please, maybe a nice pub?

we have never sampled the delights of glasgow before and we are so looking forward to it! we have been suggested the corinthian for nightclub, but wondering if its a bit plush for us country bumpkins!!!

any advice would be really welcome, thankyou in advance.

Level Contributor
74 posts
1. Re: nice restraunts please!

Loads of resturants and bar diners in Glasgow, the best western is in elmbank st, sauchiehall st is two minutes walk away, loads of pubs and clubs, just take a walk around and you will find what your looking for

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: nice restraunts please!

The Corinthian is alright providing you don't turn up in your Wellies!!!

Only thing wrong with Jims suggestion of Sauchiehall St is it tends to be mostly Indian/Chinese up that end near your hotel.

I would tend to stick to the Central part of the City around George Sq/Merchant City for decent dining options.

If you like Italian then one of my faves is LaVita on the corner of Queen/St Vincent Sts at George Sq and a 3 minute walk from Corinthian, good family run business.

For other ideas check out www.5pm.com

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: nice restraunts please!

Thankyou guys, appreciate the suggestions, just unpacked me wellies!!!

we all like italian, bit of nice pasta to line the stomach sounds good!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: nice restraunts please!

Have just been to La Vita myself tonight, well it is my birthday! And had the fixed price day time menu, excellent value, followed up by a visit to The Social in Royal Exchange Square for Cocktails, nice!!!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: nice restraunts please!

Thankyou! la vita is top of my list now!!

Edited: 3:55 am, September 25, 2013
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: nice restraunts please!

Sarti's on Bath Street! Best restaurant in Glasgow - love it's cosy and genuine Italian family feel. Good for just going for a coffee or a quick beer as well as a full meal. Love the place!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: nice restraunts please!

Brill!! jotted that one down too!

Scotland
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: nice restraunts please!

Try the Butterfly and Pig on Bath St.IMO great pub grub and live music after 9pm.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: nice restraunts please!

OP - enjoy your trip to Glasgow. You won't be short of decent but reasonably priced places to eat in Glasgow.

Happy Birthday madscotman115!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: nice restraunts please!

Thankyou all, crackin suggestions, we just canna wait!! Promise to report back, cheers.