We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

Hi Folks

We are travelling from Australia to visit family in Glasgow. On 13 June 2014 (give or take a day) we want to depart Glasgow for Barcelona. There is a flight showing at the moment BA 2957 at an approximate cost of AUD400 each person (235 pounds at today's rate). Can you tell me if

this is a good deal and whether it is advisable to lock this fare in? Any other advice would be apprecaited. Thank you

London, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

Jet 2 seem to fly this route

UK
reviews: 3
2. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

The British Airways flight will involve changing planes in London. As samd points out, Jet2 have direct flights. http://www.jet2.com/

Edinburgh
reviews: 22
3. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

A quick search on sites such as expedia/Kayak show one way flights on your date with BA via London for £123. Jet2com don't fly to BCN on Fridays

London
reviews: 29
4. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

BA don't fly direct to Spain from Glasgow - the flight number you have is the flight to Gatwick, where you'd get a connecting flight to BCN. BA sell seats in "fare buckets" - once the cheapest seats are sold you'll only get offered higher prices.

Check Barrhead travel - who usually hire some BA planes in the summer months and offer direct charters on Sat/Sun from Glasgow to some Spanish resorts - not sure if they do BCN.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
5. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

Vueling fly direct from Edinburgh to BCN on the Thursday 12th June for £64. I would hang off for sales though

Dundee, United...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

To Barcelona:

Jet2 operate on Tu/Th/Su from Glasgow's main airport (GLA)

Ryanair operate daily from Prestwick (a secondary airport about 40mins from Glasgow) and about 5 weekly from Edinburgh

Vueling go about 3-4 weekly from Edinburgh.

I would tend to go with Jet2 myself, but they're looking a bit pricey round your dates. I personally avoid Ryanair like the plague due to their odious CEO and poor customer service, but some people like them. Be very aware of their baggage/boarding pass rules etc cause they police them like Nazis and will charge you hundreds of pound if you fall foul of them.

The fare you quote is not that great and Thu there are enough direct flights from Scotland that you should be able to avoid flying via London. As others have mentioned, it may be worth holding off for a sale.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 34
7. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

Millions of people fly Ryanair without needing to contact customer service

You will get a reasonable no frills flight and as long as you adhere to their well publicise T&CS then you will be fine

The people that complain have fallen foul of the rules and that's because they flout them and they are the type that think rules apply to everyone but themselves

You might get a flight for about 125AUD

http://www.ryanair.com/en

Next summer flights not out yet but keep an eye on their site

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
8. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

True Re. last comment, however they are in the news today on 2 counts and even their CEO Herr Mick has admitted they will have to up the anti on customer service!

London
reviews: 29
9. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

@leuca "The people that complain have fallen foul of the rules"

Wrong. I detest Ryanair - ever since they cancelled my flight one minute before departure, with passengers waiting at the gate. No explanation. No staff. No assistance. What rule had i broken?

You may think abandoning passengers withiut assistance is a reasonable business model but I know I don't.

I've suffered cancellations with other airlines, but they've always assisted the affected passengers rather than abandoning them.

I'd never trust my travel plans to Ryanair, and couldn't suggest anyone else should.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 55
10. Re: Flights from Glasgow to Barcelona on 13/6/2014

leuca,

Have you read how they (Ryanair) treated that guy in Dublin last week, who had been advised by Police that he needed to return urgently to Leicester? Beyond the pale doesn't begin to describe it.

Yes, he wanted to change his plans, but perhaps some leeway should have been allowed.

I suggest you read up about it before defending them too much.