We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 26
Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Staying at Hilton In Dunblane

Going to Rod Stewart in Glasgow on the monday night, notice a train leaves Glasgow at 11.30pm for Dunblane. Not sure what time concert finishes but may have to get a taxi back any ideas how much this would cost? and if it would be better to pre book a taxi.

14 replies to this topic
1. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Taxi to dunblane, probably about £70

2. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

I take it from your posts that your arriving by train at queen st station, you could go to the Italian kitchen on Ingram st, di maggio royal exchange sq, this one is very busy, or you could go to barrello? Sure that's what it's called, on Mitchell st, it used to be lariosto, I am not sure about prices, I am sure you can find that out on Internet. Your taxi to hotel will cost £70

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
3. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

You really need to pre book. getting a hotel for the night in Glasgow could be cheaper

Scotland
4. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Thanks for replies will look into that restaurants, will be arriving in Queen Street Station.

Hopefully we will manage to catch last train.

I have walked back to centre before and reckon 45 minutes, so hopefully concert stops at 10.30pm

If not will be prepared to take taxi.

5. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

There is a taxi rank right outside the new hydro, they have Marshall's to put people in taxis, I know the queues always look long, however, the Marshall's are in constant contact with taxi radio room, on a Monday there is not much else happening, I reckon if you are the last person out of the hydro and you joined the long taxi queue, you would still catch the last train, the secc is usually clear of people wanting taxis within 20mins, there will be a lot more people on the first night of opening, I reckon it will take no more than half an hour to get a taxi up to queen st and if your out quick and at the front of the Q well you've cracked it. Enjoy

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
6. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Remember the Rihanna concerts last time Jim?

Marshals were still crying out for taxis right up to midnight then, and that was a 9000 capacity concert, the Hydro holds 12500!!!

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
7. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

OP - I think you may have to leave concert early to guarantee you get out for a taxi. We left a concert last year on a Sunday night not realising that the trains had stopped and we had to get last train home. Took us about half an hour in the snow to walk back but to city centre but is was fine ;-)

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 5
8. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

There's a train that leaves Queen Street for Stirling at 2348. But I'd aim to leave early so that you don't miss the 23:36 Perth train from Queen Street that calls at Dunblane.

Scotland
9. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Hi

We managed to catch a train.

Concert finished just after 10.

Walked to and from concert along St Vincent Street prob about a half hour walk.

The concert at Hydro was great, no problems or ques for drinks or food at the Hydro.

We were standing but looking around the arena all seats seem to have a great view,

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 236
10. Re: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert

Thats good news on many fronts. Bodes well for future Hydro events. Hope you enjoyed the concert. Thanks for the feedback wee duck!

Reply to: Taxi from Glasgow to Dunblane after concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted