We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 25
Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

We rented a car in Glasgow. Our first booking was with Hertz. Despite our late request at 10pm for the next day, we were delighted that we could get a car. However service at Hertz is terrible. Counter staff never smile-they try to do their job efficiently but there was no heart. This was made worse when we ended up with a car which had a strong tobacco smell.

"Sorry -no car". But not a smile!

When we found two days later, that Enterprise had a car for rental, we made our way to the city office. What a difference! Helpful amd happy people - frontline as well as manager on duty. It was such a huge contrast.

If you have a choice, definitely forget heartless Hertz.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
1. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

I have never hired a car before so cannot comment, however only this week my own car had to go in for some minor repairs after someone bumped me from behind and my insurance company got me a courtesy car through Enterprise at Springburn branch and the service was excellent.

When my car was ready to be picked up they even ran me over to the garage on the other side of the city to collect it after checking the hire car back in!

I opted to take out the extra CDW cover with them at only £2:50 per day just in case although my insurance company paid for the hire.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 246
2. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

Just to add my with enterprise car rental (Ayr branch). Nothing was too much trouble, they were quick, jolly and efficient and the whole rental process was fast and simple. I didn't require the use of their free pick up service but I imagine its very useful for some folk. Would recommend.

London
reviews: 33
3. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

And just to demonstrate that everyone's mileage may vary, the few times I have used Enterprise it has been a lot of hassle. Disagreement about pre existing damage / rate on booking not honoured at pick up.

Meanwhile, Hertz has worked for me and I usually get a smile from the staff at the GLA airport branch.

NYC
reviews: 3
4. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

I plan to send one week in seasons at Brunston Castle near Glasgow and 1 week in seasons at whitbarrow village in Penrith, cumbria in the lakes district from 11/9-11/23. What is the weather like and the terrain. Do roads ice up that soon in the season and is the area hilly? I plan to rent a car and drive. Any advice? Thank you

London
reviews: 33
5. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

@GypsyFeetNYC. Your question is on a completely different topic to the thread title - best start a new thread.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
6. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

So your main complaint is that no-one smiled at you and someone had been smoking in the car (which they are not supposed to do). They gave you a car though, right? Excessive smiling in Scotland is considered a bit creepy to be honest. Give me a dour Scot anyday. "We're doomed I tell you, doomed!! " ;-)

Ask 100 people who rent cars and they will all have different stories about which company is better. I have rented cars from most of the big companies over the years and they are all much the same. Mostly they are franchised anyway so how they are run by the franchisee.

@Gypsyfeet. You would be better starting your own thread instead of hijacking this one. Anyway the weather is about as predictable as a pre menstrual woman and just as cold. Ayrshire is not that hilly but the lake district is.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
7. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

That brought a wee chuckle on a damp miserable Glasgow day Ron!

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 95
8. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

We beg to differ. Our experience with Hertz staff at the Glasgow Hyde Park St was very positive indeed: helpful, informative, nothing was too much trouble. Great rates, too.

9. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 12, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
reviews: 161
10. Re: Forget Hertz, Enterprise Rent-a-Car is much better

I am sorry and new to the Glasgow forums but @El-Panita I fail to see how an experience in Los Angeles has anything to do with an experience in Glasgow.

Seems somewhat like a rant to me and your efforts may well be better served by writing the company directly rather than using this forums space for such practices.

With that being said I am sorry to hear of your situations but as I say this may not be the best venue to proceed with your complaints.

Best

SEBESZ