We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ten days in Scotland

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pilsen Region...
reviews: 14
Ten days in Scotland

HI!

Me and my family are going to Scotland in August. We will be staying in Glasgow from Friday to Thursday and in Oban from Thursday to Sunday (returning to Glasgow for last night in order to catch an early flight on Monday). I set up a itinerary and I was wondering if someone could help me maybe alter it and add some tips.

Friday - arrival (midday)

Saturday - Glasgow

Sunday - Edinburgh

Monday - Loch Lomond, The Trossachs (I plan to walk around a bit, maybe take water taxi to some other location, visiting Luss,...)

Tuesday - Stirling Castle

Wednesday - day off (also day for something we haven´t managed to in the previous days)

Thursday - train to Oban

Friday - ferry trip from Oban (Caledonian and MacBrayne)

Saturday - Isle of Seil, Oban itself

Sunday - train to Glasgow

Monday - departure

We are three adults in quite a qood physical condition, so we don´t mind walking around a bit.

We would like to enjoy both countryside and sights.

We are not from the UK and my parents don´t speak much English, so I am a bit worried about visiting the Stirling Castle, because it might not be such a great experience for them? I am also thinking about buying the Historic Scotland´s "Explorer Pass", because we could use it for both Stirling and Edinburgh Castle.

Thanks to everyone who replies.

Pilsen Region...
11. Re: Ten days in Scotland

I´ll definetely ask while buying the ticket then. Thank you.

Pilsen Region...
12. Re: Ten days in Scotland

I´ve just found a direct train from Leeds to Glasgow. It´s one of the Cross Country trains, so I should be okay.

13. Re: Ten days in Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014