We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 16
Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

I am looking to book a hotel at the Glasgow Airport for one night, arriving on the morning of 14 July and departing the next morning. So far, I have found the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Premier Inn. Also the Ramada, but it seems to get a lot of poor reviews.

The Premier Inn is the cheapest (about 1/2 the price) so I'm leaning towards that one, but I can not find on any of the hotel websites if they will store luggage before check in. I know we will arrive well before check in and would like to head into the city, so need a place to leave our bags. Does anyone know if any of these hotels store bags before check in? Left luggage at the airport would be £10 per piece so would wipe out any hotel savings if we had to pay for that to stay at the PI.

I can only find a phone number for the Premier Inn that costs 10p a minute (plus being an international call). I can try the toll free US number for Holiday Inn and see if they know for those two.

Any other advice on which to choose would be great as well. Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

From their FAQs -

"Do PIs provide luggage room facilities?

"Most of our hotels have luggage room facilities, however some do not therefore it is advisable to check with the hotel direct. "

If it was me, I would just find a nice hotel in the city and get an early taxi to the airport the next day. More choice, more fun, more bang per buck.....

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
2. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Great advice from Peter after all you have the expense of getting into the City anyway!

Illinois
3. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Hmm. I was going with madscotsman115's advice from my previous thread to stay at the airport.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186534-i211-k6557…

I did find that on Premier Inn's website but couldn't find any way to contact them other than a paid phone line so was hoping someone would know. I read back through a bunch of reviews and none of them said anything about luggage storage.

UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

I called the Premier Inn at the airport for you and they will indeed allow you to store your bags at the hotel before checkin time.

(Thanks to saynoto0870.com, I got the non-premium number for the hotel which is 0141 842 1563).

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 257
5. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Thats very kind of you farley. My pathertic attempts to locate the non-premium number were an abject failure. Its well hidden. I've yet to find a premier inn that doesn't store luggage but its always worth checking. Looks like you're all set now then bgtm!

Illinois
6. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Thanks, FarleyFlavors. It was really nice of you to call. For the price, I debated on just booking it without knowing (even if we had to pay to store at the airport it would still be cheaper than the Holiday Inn), but it looked like it was just enough of a walk to be really annoying to have to walk back to the airport to store the bags.

Illinois
7. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

Hmmm. The plot thickens. I just tried to book the room at PI. I've gotten an error message 3 times saying that Premier Inn can't process payment with my card. However, there are 3 pending transactions on my 2 credit cards. I called Premier Inn (thanks for the non premium number) and they say they have no booking. I can book on the phone, but it will be £67 instead of £29. At that rate, maybe I'll just go with Holiday Inn.

scotland
reviews: 86
8. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

We always stay at Holiday Inn..They do store your luggage, in a room beside reception..It is quite safe.

9. Re: Glasgow Airport Hotel rec - luggage storage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2014