We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buchanan Bus Station.

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 84
Buchanan Bus Station.

Looking on the net (not always reliabily up to date) I am coming in the airport bus and catching the 500 Campbeltown.

Tha airport bus leaves from outside the airport. Is this as easy as it sounds or do I need directions?

It looks like the airport bus arrives at stand 46 and the Campbeltown bus leaves from stand 55.

Is the info correct

Is it easy or hard to get from stand to stand?

Is it far, any hazzards?

Availability of loos or refreshments?

Just wondering how big it is and how difficult to negotiate. I would be grateful for any experience or information.

London
reviews: 31
1. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

At the airport, the bus is just outside domestic arrivals. You can't miss it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
reviews: 41
2. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

The Campbeltown bus is 926, not 500. It usually has a loo, but there is a wee stop (geddit) at Inveraray.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
reviews: 41
3. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

The Campbeltown bus is 926, not 500. It usually has a loo, but there is a wee stop (geddit) at Inveraray.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
4. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

Is it easy or hard to get from stand to stand? The bus station in Glasgow is not that big. Don't think you will have a problem

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
5. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

The 500 is the bus from the Airport to Buchanan Bus Stn then the 926 to Campbeltown.

The bus Stn is a big Square so when you get off just walk left or right to your next stand, easy!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

This map of the bus station should help you. The airport bus does indeed arrive at stance 46 so its just a walk around to your right when you come off the airport bus.

spt.co.uk/cms/…bbs_plan.jpg

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 84
7. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

Thanks to each of you for that. I had expected a city bus station to be huge.

Also if late arrival of plane may be a bit of a dash or a wait. And the correction of the number. I have it down right but was going a bit buzz headed from reading timetables I think.

And thanks for the plan Ross, it's helpful to have your bearings in the event of things not being straightforward. Such things seem to happen to me.

Edited: 4:34 pm, June 15, 2013
8. Re: Buchanan Bus Station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 17, 2014