We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 27
Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Hi, Looking for a hotel for my daughter and her boyfriend currently touring Scotland. I can find no available hotels in Glasgow for one night on June 18th. I did not think a Tuesday night would be an issue. Can anyone recommend a place that might have a room? What is going on that night?

Also, booked them an EasyJet flight out the next day. I have never booked Easy Jet before - the site says that they must check-in and print boarding passes ahead of time. Is this mandatory? They won't have access to a printer.

Thank you!

18 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 15
11. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Dont stay at the Rennie McIntosh hotel its not good

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 211
12. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Glasgow University Cairncross House has twin bed availability, but it looks like most of their accommodation is sold out. Not fancy, but a handy west end location:

https:/…Default.aspx

Is an airport hotel a feasable alternative?

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 38
13. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

What time is the Easyjet flight? Why not look for accommodation away from Glasgow, and get a cab / train to the airport? Gourock, Largs, Kilmarnock, Troon.

London
reviews: 22
14. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

easyjet are testing mobile phone boarding passes. Glasgow is part of this trial, but only one boarding pass per smart phone - so both of them need their own smart phone to use this trial.

Otherwise, get them to find a library of somewhere and check in there - I suggest they do that now to ensure they are allocated seats next to each other.

Chicago
reviews: 27
15. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Thank you again for your replies! I actually paid for their seats already as it seemed like a small amount for peace of mind. I will enter their passport info today, I luckily have everything and then they can find a library - (brilliant idea!) or an internet cafe.

I do have them booked at the Premier Inn in Paisley at the retail park(thank you!). The problem is that they arrive around 2pm on the 18th and want to tour Glasgow. Their flight departs 3pm on the 19th. They have a BritRail pass with is good through the 18th only. So all transportation on the 19th would be extra. They really want to be in Glasgow for ease of sight-seeing and then go from there to the airport.

I have researched both the University housing options and airbnb and both do seem like they would work. I forwarded this to my daughter, but alas as she does not have internet access right now, I am unsure of when she will logon again. I sent her a text too. :-)

I am the one who suggested it would be difficult catching the plane on the 18th as they wouldn't arrive into Glasgow until 2pm if all of their connections went as planned. If anything was late or they missed a connection, then they wouldn't get to the airport on time. So I suggested touring Glasgow for a day. Seemed like a great idea at the time. Who would guess that was the one day all of the hotels would be booked.

Thank you again - you have all been so very helpful. Cheryl

Dundee Scotland
reviews: 4
16. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Thank you for your advice re/ accommodation at Glasgow Uni. It proved a winner for us, my son was really struggling for a place to stay after the concert at Hampden. Left it to the last minute to book somewhere....typical man! Cheers.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 211
17. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Always good to hear when we've managed to help someone Colsers. Thanks for the feedback!

Glasgow, Scotland...
18. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

HOT TIP:

hotels are checking credit cards tonight and looking for cancellations to free up for sale so get on the websites tonight after 6pm to find late availability, there wont be many but grab them while you can.

Reply to: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted