We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 27
Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Hi, Looking for a hotel for my daughter and her boyfriend currently touring Scotland. I can find no available hotels in Glasgow for one night on June 18th. I did not think a Tuesday night would be an issue. Can anyone recommend a place that might have a room? What is going on that night?

Also, booked them an EasyJet flight out the next day. I have never booked Easy Jet before - the site says that they must check-in and print boarding passes ahead of time. Is this mandatory? They won't have access to a printer.

Thank you!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
1. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Huge concert that night at Hampden Park, up to 50,000 people so hotel space at a premium, I would recommend any of the Premier Inns on the outskirts e.g. East Kilbride, Stepps, Paisley etc.

Never flown Easyjet so can't help you there.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 233
2. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

the information you seek should be on the easyjet website though an article i read in the telegraph said they were doing away with checkin desks recently.fairly certain you can use automated checkin terminals at airport free but double check. i linked a website for accommodation at glasgow uni residences on a thread the other day. worth a try if hotels are full?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Try this sight airbnb , I was looking at it last night and it is people renting out rooms in their own home , some of the places look lovely, good luck

Chicago
reviews: 27
4. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Thank you very much for your replies!

Good old Sussex by...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
reviews: 15
5. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

I'm a big fan of easy jet. The easiest way to sort this is to check in now, online and get them to print off the boarding passes at their next hotel or failing that at an Internet cafe. There is a bag drop at the easy jet area, but no further check in required.

It works best for HLO - you check in online, print your passes and the first time you actually encounter the airline is at the gate. I flew back from Scotland yesterday and it all went swimmingly.

Mike

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
6. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

Jeez I have never seen so little hotel availability, practically nothing at all.

I would look at airnbnb as suggested or contact the local tourist board to see if you can get a Bed and Breakfast that the main booking sites don't list. Good luck.

By the way I think that Easyjet and security at Glasgow will accept a pdf on a smart phone instead of a printed boarding pass.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
7. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

The Rennie Mackintosh Station Hotel at 59 Union Street is showing rooms available on Lastminute.com for that date. Doubles for £69

8. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:26 am, June 13, 2013
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
9. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

We are in full tourist season Ron and for all we know there could be a Conference on as well next week?

When the likes of Springsteen come to town for one night and their only Scottish date then the amount of people who come into the City from even as far as the north of England puts a strain on availabililty.

Greenock, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: Glasgow June 18th - No Hotels?

I fly out on honeymoon on Wednesday 26th June but staying in Glasgow the night before which is same night as Robbie Williams. We really struggled getting something but managed to get a room in the raddison fairly reasonably compared to what places likes Premier Inn/Travellodge were charging