We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, VA
reviews: 112
Best of Glasgow

We have two days in Glasgow in late August after four days in Edinburgh. What sights would you recommend to give us a good flavor of the city?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best of Glasgow

To get a flavour of the city I would head to the West End which has a really good atmosphere with many bars, restaurants and cafe's. Its also close to Kelvingrove Museum if that's your thing.

Glasgow
reviews: 1
2. Re: Best of Glasgow

It would be worth taking a city bus tour which leaves from George Square.

The city centre is compact and walkable and the main shopping streets are Sauchiehall St,Buchanan St and Argyle St.

Kelvingrove Museum is not to be missed and the Peoples Palace,a quirky museum in Glasgow Green covers Glasgow's story.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 233
3. Re: Best of Glasgow

Good advice to take the HOHO bus tour around Glasgow. There are enough city highlights covered by the tour to keep you busy for two days, which is how long the ticket is good for. More details and a route map so you can see what takes your fance via this link: http://www.citysightseeingglasgow.co.uk/

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 36
4. Re: Best of Glasgow

If you are about in the city centre then the GOMA (gallery of modern art) is definitely worth a visit.

Glasgow, Scotland...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Best of Glasgow

Again with reference to the HOHO bus tour, it stops at The People's Palace, which is a museum about Glasgow and its people if you want to get a flavour of the history of the city. Then WEST brewpub is a hop, skip and a jump from there if you want to get a flavour of Glasgow beer. :-) The bus Tour also has a map of whisky bars if you want to explore the national drink. But I would say that...

Florida City...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Best of Glasgow

If you are going by the Kelvingrove Museum, and you like Indian food, Mother Indias Cafe is very good. Across fom museum.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 61
7. Re: Best of Glasgow

Lunch in house for an art lover is very good - a lovely building and nice food - good value for what you get.

I think the tenement house is very interesting - a glimpse of how life in glasgow used to be lived.

If you are in the west end, see what is on at Oran Mor - maybe go along to "a play, a pie and a pint" at lunchtime. There is lots of good theatre and live entertainment in glasgow too - the Tron, the Citz, or one of the theatres - www.list.co.uk has more details of what's on.

I agree with all the other advice too about museums etc - although my favourite curry houses are Balbirs and Dhakin rather than Mother India.

8. Re: Best of Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014