We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 1
Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Hi all,

Me and a friend are coming to glasgow in june for a robbie williams concert at hampden park and just wondering if anyone can suggest a decent not too expensive hotel, maybe with free parking as i will be driving from newcastle. Also is it worth driving an parking at hampden park for the concert or would a taxi be easier?

Glasgow
reviews: 180
1. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

http://www.kingsparkhotel.com/

How about this one? It's about £80 for two on Booking.com. If you are looking on there, however, many of the ones they say are next to Central Station ( where you can get a train to Hampden) aren't near it at all!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
reviews: 13
2. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Premier Inns are always a good bet for level of comfort at an affordable price but for the best price and availability I would book now.

The nearest one to Hampden is Glasgow South on Ballater St which has free parking for guests.

You are wasting your time taking the car to the actual concert as the area as you get nearer becomes gridlocked, luckily the hotel is a straight 20 min walk up Cathcart Rd and is perfectly safe, besides there will be hundreds of fans walking with you certainly when the concert scales and it will be the middle of Summer with light nights.

If you don't fancy the walk then a taxi from the hotel under non event circumstances will only be approx £5-6 however that could be more if it gets gridlocked nearer he stadium, coming back may prove more difficult getting one but as I say you will not be alone walking back.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
3. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Just remembered the actual nearest hotel to the stadium is the No. 10 located at 10 Queens Drive a mere 4-5 min walk away, it is one of these converted mansions with another block next door, it is quite popular for concert goers so get your skates on if you choose this, it also has some parking.

Newcastle upon...
4. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Thanks for the suggestions, all those said have no availability.. Will try premier inn, which is the closest to hampden?

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
5. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

The closest is the one on Ballater St

The others are Argyle St, George St, West Nile St and Charing Cross.

A new hotel is just being finished and will be opening in the next week or two so therefore they will have space and maybe special opening offers, it is the Park Inn by Radisson on the corner of W. George/Renfield Sts.

Apart from Ballater St everyone of those above has no dedicated parking though.

Greenock, United...
reviews: 25
6. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Hi.

I am going on my honeymoon, flying out from Glasgow on the 27th. We are staying in Glasgow the night before and hotel prices are through the roof therefore trying to get a cheapish roof might be difficult. What you could do is stay in city centre and get public transport (train or bus) to Hampden.

Newcastle upon...
7. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Theres premier inn stepps. Availability with a decent price. Says its about 9 miles from hampden park.. Would probs get a taxi from there.. How much would that be around, and is this a nice enough place? Safe to leave car etc?

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
8. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

For one off events it is sometimes best to stay on the peripheral locations just outside the city but the problem with Stepps is it is to the north whilst Hampden is to the south and you would be at least £15 for a taxi each way. Can I suggest the Orion Way Premier Inn?

As you will be coming up the M74 you take the junction for Tollcross and it is right next to the motorway, it is much nearer and a taxi will be around £8 each way.

It has a bar and restuarant and if you get puckish after the concert a 24hr McDonalds as as well

Scotland
reviews: 9
9. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

Check out the Easy Hotel .Its in the City Centre and cheap,it doesn't have parking but plenty of paid parking nearby, and more than likely the hotel will have deal with a car park.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 242
10. Re: Decent but cheapiah hotel for concert at hampden park

At the risk of throwing too many options in to the pot, have you thought of using one of the hotels alongside the SECC?

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Hilton Garden Inn (previously Mint Hotel) has parking for £5 a day. From there its fairly straightforward to hop on the train for a few minutes to glasgow central station, then connect to the Hampden train (mount florida). Then you've got a ten minute walk the other side I think.

I'm also a big fan of Premier Inn if you can find one that suits.