We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Linthicum, Maryland
reviews: 1
Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

We will be staying near the Botanic Gardens on GWR and would like to know what our choices are for transport from the airport. We will not have a car. We will be arriving in the afternoon on a Sunday.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
1. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

I'd like to think there is a direct bus, but if someone doesn't come along with a better suggestion then you could simply catch the regular shuttle bus to Glasgow's main bus station Buchanan Street, then find out which stand the bus for Great Western Road stops at. GWR is on a very short hop from there. I guess you could get a taxi from there for probably less than a fiver!

Someone may have a bus link for you, but I always find them more confusing (Marbles not in good shape!).

Scotland, UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

there isnt a direct bus. bus links from the airport aren't that great. like the person above says, you'd need to get bus to city centre. i'd get off at queen street station though and then get on underground to either Hillhead or Kelvinbridge. Buchanan St underground is right next to Queen St station.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
3. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

doh! why didn't I think of that!

Glasgow
reviews: 2
4. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

If there are several people involved and you have luggage you should take a taxi.It's only about 20 minutes through the tunnel to Botanic Gardens.Taking the bus into the city and changing doesn't make sense.

Linthicum, Maryland
5. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

Thanks for all the replies. I checked out Canniesburn taxis and they said the fare is 16 pounds to where we are going so I guess since there are 4 of us and luggage I will get them to pick us up.

Scotland
reviews: 23
6. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

Hi Tibbiesmom. Canniesburn Taxis are based in Bearsden, and a pretty reliable lot. I'd say that £16 is money well spent.

Linthicum, Maryland
7. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

Thanks BearsdenTony

Gourock, United...
reviews: 20
8. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

If you call Hampden cars (0141 649 5555). They are very reliable and will charge between £8-£10 for going to Great Western road.

Enjoy ur stay

Glasgow, UK
9. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

really? £6-£10 from the airport to gt western road? That's fantastic! I don't think I have ever got from the airport to west end for under £15! I need to try this taxi company next time!

Gourock, United...
reviews: 20
10. Re: Transportation from the airport to Great Western Road

up until last year I stayed in Kersland St and used to use them all the time